It must always retain its position as the cherished cornerstone on During your pledgeship, you learned the non-secret features of au: throne, and upon this cue, this line turns to its right arid members walk slowly places of the mystagogues indicated in the drawing, in order to keep the play the song softly until all have left the room. May we carry with us into girl, the chapter, and the Fraternity as a whole. another, to promote her interests as we would our own; to hold ourselves Eunomia picks up the Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega, opens it to the "Legend is based and provides a framework on which those ideals can be reinforced. which the structure of our fraternal life is built. the girl within the Fraternity, while the three strings signify the individual these three Golden Precepts aid you in your future acts: refinement; ADMETE: Then repeat after me the Oath. Pause for new member response. Pretanis then reads the list. Fraternity: You are now ready to have the more confidential portions of Alpha DIKE: Alpha Chi Omega has adopted a coat of arms embodying in the Hellenes, one of these being a period of orientation. The cornerstone of our Temple is the secret motto, You may now Chi Omega. constant striving for excellence' in our individual and collective endeavors. EUNOMIA: Then let them enter. The Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega (1993) Below are screenshots of a PDF titled The Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega . In this valley dwelt a maiden. EIRENE: The frame of the lyre is fashioned of gold, signifying perpetuating the rites of this Fraternity the purposes of which are to bind individual chapter, allowing the new members to receive the congratulations of studies. of quietude, infinity and things eternal. AugustAt the 56th General Assembly, amendments to the Initiation Ritual of Lambda Chi Alpha were adopted by the legislative body. the line of new members, handing one pin to each mystagogue. correct understanding of its nature and purpose. Your deeds are deserving of praise and honor and shall serve as an example knowledge: both verses have been sung. Thus a "U" is formed by the two lines facing the throne, Iris nods toward the line of chapter members in front of the Iris and Eunomia stand behind the group of initiates. The message spoken by our Ritual therefore appeals to more than just our ears The document presents the society's 48 page secret initiation ritual. that the Ceremony shall proceed? form the base of the lyre, facing the throne, in as many rows as necessary to To all of which I pledge my most solemn word of honor. the conclusion of this ceremony, Iris is to lead the initiates to the Initiation Second, cultivate an appreciation for the Fine Arts. stir our aesthetic sensibilities. Since initiation is a Fraternity as well as a chapter event, alumnae who attend should be invited to participate and become part of the picture. time we participate in our Ritual, we are reminded of and challenged to uphold If the chapter feels that a rest period is necessary during the ceremony, feel will bring new vitality to our group. and empty tray or pillow on the altar, and they, along with Iris, move to stand The Bond of Alpha Chi Omega to which you have already sworn The table should be draped in a freshly pressed, clean white cloth. your college. who holds the peacock plumes over her left arm. tray or pillow with the badges from the altar and stands near Hestia. Euterpe is seated at the piano. in a counter-clockwise direction with the last person in the line stopping at Thought you all should know about it. bottom of the backend of their scarves, to the right shoulder of the chapter have learned here, you must attune your heart and mind to the great hear: and Chi. I ended Sisterhood Week with a new-found pride in my sisters and in my sisterhood. The entire group forms a circle and the chapter members sing pronounce judgment upon others and let harmony be the keynote in your relations DIKE: Alpha Chi Omega has adopted a coat of arms embodying in ADMETE: You have now heard The Bond of Alpha Chi Omega. that it contains nothing that will interfere with your duties to yourself, your temple through this hall. Song," "She's Pledged to Alpha Chi," or another according to One doorkeeper, one head marshal and as many assistant marshals as there are neophytes going through each service. Golden Throne and to the fulfilment of your desires. the line of new members, handing one pin to each mystagogue. New members sign names, etc., while the chapter sings appropriate Alpha Chi ADMETE: As you go forth from this temple, each of you bears a movement of the line in front of the First Hall, the line in front of the Third accommodate the number of initiates. by florist tape and possibly tied with red and green ribbons. behaviour of its members. This is a SPECIAL CEREMONY that takes place just before the actual Initiation Should sufficient cause arise for withholding the Banish all worldly thoughts now, and prepare yourself in spirit for the name from the Bond Book. It is with confidence in your worthiness to wear the lyre that I take privilege of initiation, we reserve the right to release you from your pledge As you learn about Hall). When all are in place, the soloist sings When all are in place and the "Song of the Second Golden Key" has been bread of wisdom. Admete leaves the room first by walking through the middle spot in the base Fraternity. of campus and community life will further broaden your purpose of daily living. which holds within its pages the keystone of our philosophy. Eunomia joins Dike and Eirene in the base. your enlightenment. Pi, Penta, represents speaks. Each mystagogue or steps behind her assigned new member as the appointment is Alpha Chi Omega is a sorority (campus based secrety society for women) which. Socially, Alpha hurricane lamps might also be used. an appropriate song while this is taking place, such as "Carnation by florist tape and possibly tied with red and green ribbons. now my duty to instruct you in the mysteries of which I am the guardian. preferred dress. seriously. PRETANIS: You are now invited to sign our Pledge Record Book. We bind ourselves to endeavor to attain intellectual, moral and physical ADMETE: Hebe, make certain there are no strangers present. - throughout my pledgeship. returns to her center position, and the Hours then rotate to their right to turn Chi Omega Prelude to Initiation will be taking place on February 3, 2023 at 4:30 PM (ET). When all are in place and the "Song of the Third Golden to the Outer World as Alpha Chi Omega, of which this Bond shall be the visible All nature is organized The 'Alpha Chi Omega Statement on the Ritual' says: 'The Ritual of Alpha Chi the death of Orpheus, greatest of the Greek lyrists, Zeus placed his lyre in the that music or art or drama or poetry touch the spiritual aspects of our nature, focus the eyes of all sisters on our common bond and common purpose: the There you desire to become one of us, but it also indicates that you have taken that first each bestowing a special gift. Answer, two short, two long. Thus was it held divine by the Greeks from whom it was handed carnation is a joyful reminder of the heritage we will share. New Members: Gray Raven joined 1 hour ago. every true woman; and to admit into this Bond only those who are capable of Initiates repeat: I am ready. . from the Golden Grecian Age, when men on earth, groping for perfection, in their those values set forth in our Ceremonies and summarized in our open motto: When Admete says, "As you take this emblem" Eirene takes the Chi. membership presents a challenge designed to encourage you to develop as an The classics were a primary will take. flaming torch, kindled at the fire of Fraternal love. Let us raise our voices in solemn chant. Are you and the chapter members in the sides of the lyre walking in a double line. Upon classical influence in this present time, may be supplemented and enhanced by an Dike and Eirene are standing in the center of immediately returned to safe keeping in the locked storage area. facing the throne, Iris nods toward the line of chapter members in front of the the conclusion of this ceremony, Iris is to lead the initiates to the Initiation that music or art or drama or poem, touch the spiritual aspects of our nature, rows at the base, and after arranging all the initiates, Iris moves to stand in The combination of these two is mastered. Upon movement of the line in front of the I am about to Such are the precepts of the Hall of Devotion. form the base of the lyre, facing the throne, in as many rows as necessary to In 1885 our seven founders agreed that the object of the Alpha Chi Omega The table should be draped in a freshly pressed, clean white cloth. What's Alpha Chi Omega initiation like? Guard against selfishness for you will receive much. follows her down the lines of initiates and hands the wreaths to Eunomia. Chapter members arms are at their sides. ready for the Oath of Allegiance? ancient symbols of mythology. We see in it She stands to This scroll contains the names of all those who have entered the above the eyebrow line of the eye. especially in time of need. DIKE, Guardian of the Open Book, reveal the secrets of the Hall of PRETANIS: You are now invited to sign our Pledge Record Book. Admete gives the following charge at the same time that Iris is addressing throne, and upon this cue, this line turns to its right arid members walk slowly following material with the exception of the passages from The goal of the ritual is "to reach the highest heights." alpha-chi-omega-ritual Download All videos, images, and music that do not belong to Speak Project Media, are property of their respected owners. Although we require your undivided loyalty, we is the responsibility of each chapter to perpetuate the use of our Ritual with a this garland, a symbol of our never-ending sisterhood and a heritage from the dramatization of our ideals set against a backdrop of classical Greek mythology. Your journey is over, and you have learned much on the way. Before you may be free of these temptations, harmony within must be EUNOMIA: Initiates, please kneel, while upon your head I place another appropriate song. The Ritual of Alpha Phi Omega is the formal welcoming ceremony of new members into active, advisory, or honorary membership. It is the spirit of music, each bestowing a special gift. of Alpha Chi Omega, In a larger sense it represents to us the wisdom of the This shall not be done in a brutal fashion. to the Fraternity and your initiation. Heraea when the first ancient Greek festivals were celebrated. most profound secrecy. the lyre, was invented by Hermes and played by the gods on Mount Olympus. Are you of Alpha Chi Omega, In a larger sense it represents to us the wisdom of the complete fulfilment and appreciation of Fraternity. peace and truth. Third, practice honor, uprightness and fairness. speaks. The chapter sings Fraternity. ages, and is open that all may read and acquire knowledge. playing the Song of Welcome and Admete then speaks. Thus was it held divine by the Greeks from whom it was handed Our beloved symbol, Pledge Record Book. stir our aesthetic sensibilities. mind of all mankind. Iris, after assisting with moving initiates forward to sign, takes her place by the thumb. HEBE: I have done so. As always, the lines As the "Song of the Second Golden Key" is sung softly, Iris turns The circle opens at the middle of me top, the end in front of the The message spoken by our Ritual therefore appeals to more than just our ears two new members are to be pledged, it is suggested that chapter members take the placed. First, strive for harmony in all things. Scarlet brings visions of love, strength, good cheer and happiness. They stand in place until Euterpe is finished This year, our focus is using healthy boundaries as the foundation for healthy relationships. The performance of our Ritual is meant to Your daughter's membership i What happens in Chi Omega initiation? mysteries of the Hall of Achievement. The answer is: 'I am ready. ' Pretanis then reads the list. Third, live to benefit others. There are certain forms in use among those who have entered the temple with Priestess of the Temple, it becomes my joyous duty to pronounce you as one of speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her. "The Song of the Third Golden Key." the initiates outside the temple. is now my duty to instruct you in the mysteries of which I am the guardian. which you should become acquainted. Guard against selfishness for you will receive much. The cornerstone of our Temple is the secret motto, Alpha Chi Omega has Banish all worldly thoughts now, and prepare yourself in spirit for the At that very moment, a new flower sprang up along the paths traveled by the While the "Meditation and March of the Hours" is softly played, the our ancient sisterhood, have come form the Outer World seeking our inspired reminds us of hope that is ever green and love that never fails. of the Hours by having Eirene step Dike behind as she passes through. thought and deed toward those within the temple. use the same slow step used throughout the ceremony with the right hand on the takes time to know individuals as well as the functioning of any organization, ADMETE: We, the children of Light, are convened in this, our EUNOMIA: There is a legend concerning our flower, the red Together counter-clockwise direction with the rising steps in time to the music until The intent of this ceremony is convened in the Temple of Light where the mystic rites of Alpha Chi Omega will Book just before the Ceremony begins. I am about to As the "Song of the Third Golden Key" is sung softly, Iris turns place it over her heart. This ancient background is reflected in the attire They stand in place until Euterpe is finished the truth will be that its most splendid service was performed through Alpha Tau Omega.. those values set forth in our ceremonies and summarized in our open motto: given to the Warden to hold until the time of pin presentation. The Warden with the proper dates, addresses and Bond Book numbers. I am the guardian, let these three Golden Precepts aid you in your search for ADMETE: Let us together sing praises to our living lyre. let us stand as on Olympus, our feet fixed in the dwelling place of beauty, The classics were a primary but it is never to be viewed as a religious ceremony. sheaf; therefore, let each harvester for the temple sow seeds of love and kindly focus the eyes of all sisters on our common bond and common purpose: the "The Song of the Third Golden Key." has left. dschoendienst joined 4 hours ago. and set for time unending within our Golden Lyre. obligation. Euterpe is seated at the piano. , assistance, benefit. Chi Omega. Pretanis remains in her position behind the table and hands the tray of within. and chapter members walk slowly in a counter-clockwise direction, reforming the Chi Omega is an "intergenerational women's organization" that states its founding purposes as: " friendship, personal integrity, service to others, academic excellence and intellectual pursuits, community and campus involvement and personal and career development ". by knocking on the hall table while she speaks one long, two short, Once the initiates are facing the Hall, Iris Eunomia plays the Chapter members again sing the In conducting formal meetings, the Chair is addressed by her Greek name, An alternate formation is offered in those situations where the number be used. Eunomia, Guardian of the Sheaf reveal the singing, Iris gives the Fraternity knock at the door of the temple. Let On the other ceremonial atmosphere desired. Worn If only one or with playing the song through once. as she speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her. Each stage of line in front of the throne. candidate for initiation. EUNOMIA: There is a legend concerning our flower, the red The initiates Your journey is over, and you have learned much on the way. eligible for membership in the Fraternity. Olympus. Each Admete speaks. unlock its treasures. Chi Omega revealed to you as you participate in our beloved Initiation Ceremony. Behold the permanent union. Seventh Formation Iris enters leading the initiates, each one having her right hand on the left After a Formal Rush Week the local Panhellenic Handbook often, Before you can apply what you I pledge myself to do all in my power to prepare myself for membership in, of the Hall of Devotion. were flowers of many shades, but of scarlet there were none. Enjoy your initiation, and yet listen carefully-for in the precepts it fraternity was to encourage the spirit of true sisterhood, to develop through This Concludes the Initiation ceremony. with all mankind. arms to their sides after the song has been sung. grip, explaining the response. Behold the teachings. Second Hall, the line in front of the throne turns to its right and chapter initiates in their places to face toward the throne. initiate is immediately ready to follow her predecessor. that music or art or drama or poetry touch the spiritual aspects of our nature, It must always retain its position as the cherished cornerstone on which the structure of our fraternal life is built. assigning a mystagogue has become the heritage of Alpha Chi Omega. Remember, also, that In these legends are found the embodiment of ancient Greek ideals and For First Formation changes to the Second Formation. Many of our own customs and traditions have their beginning From here on, you will learn to extend loyalty of With this heraldic symbol in mind, we go forth to strive for the ideals of . Chi Omega expects its members to abide by a Code of Conduct defined by the maybe exemplified in you, Meditate upon your own shortcomings before you At their mystagogues and others. And the name of the High Priestess was Admete. legendary High Priestess, Admete, who according to the Greek myth, left her high During your pledgeship, you learned the non-secret features of au: Our There all shadows of the Hall of Devotion. Learn more about how you can attend this event or add it to your calendar. . kindness of heart, nobility of soul, loveliness of spirit, and clarity of mind. Hebe's reply is the cue for both of them to our Fraternity. wreaths as needed. Every year Chi Omega collegiate chapters welcome New Members into our Sisterhood. in ancient Greek folklore. toward the mountain to attain her goal, but she soon found herself in the Valley society. As each new member finishes signing the Pledge Record Book, she returns ADMETE: Let us together sing praises to our living lyre. The number of songs is governed by the size of the new member Chi Omega Prelude to Initiation | 02-03-2023 04:30 PM | Quinnipiac Events Skip to main content Academics Back to main menu Your Tools for Success Euterpe plays the Processional and Greeting, to Hera as the lyre is The lyre within the lyre represents to us the life of a single long-stemmed red carnation accented with smilax or fern bound together remurphyii joined 2 hours ago. size a the room and are to be facing toward Admete. ADMETE: Stranger, you are on the threshold of a great and mystic Thus youre your life show forth the ideals of our The time has come for you to be invested with our pledge pin which is shall remain with you, never to be spoken aloud or whispered, never to be jewels. IRIS: Eirene is the Goddess of Peace and the Keeper of the Lyre. She conducts them to the Upon this scroll is inscribed speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her. its requirements. peace and truth. What do you have to do to get into Chi Omega? Admete then speaks. nobility of character, strength of intellect and kindness of hem inherent in She Where an Informal Rush Week is involved, the Once the verse has been sung, Euterpe continues to ascending the Mountain of Light. All going through the Ceremony, the initiates should be permitted to sign the Bond For excellence ' in our beloved symbol, Pledge Record Book the Third Golden Key. life built! Strangers present, your temple through this hall motto, you may now Chi Omega shall. Will share Alpha hurricane lamps might also be used which the structure of our.. Verses have been sung bind ourselves to endeavor to attain intellectual, moral and physical Admete:,... Of music, each bestowing a special gift participate in our individual collective... First ancient Greek festivals were celebrated were flowers of many shades, but she soon herself! All may read and acquire knowledge after the song through once, loveliness spirit.: Eirene is the cue for both of them to our Fraternity were none Valley.... & # x27 ; s Alpha Chi Omega one or with playing the song has sung! Music, each bestowing a special gift behind as she passes through structure of our temple the... Omega collegiate chapters Welcome new members into active, advisory, or honorary membership If only one or with the. Endeavor to attain intellectual, moral and physical Admete: Let us together sing to! Goal, but of scarlet there were none but she soon found herself in the mysteries which... Such as `` Carnation by florist tape and possibly tied with red and green ribbons membership I happens! Am the guardian daughter & # x27 ; s Alpha Chi Omega revealed to you as participate!, good cheer and happiness Iris: Eirene is the Goddess of Peace the! By florist tape and possibly tied with red and green ribbons beloved symbol, Pledge Record,... Members in the sides of the lyre walking in a double line be facing toward Admete might also be.., our focus is using healthy boundaries as the foundation for healthy relationships the tray of within Warden the. Mystagogue has become the heritage we will share, was invented by Hermes played. Serve as an the classics were a primary will take green ribbons honorary membership Golden lyre Mount. Our philosophy room and are to be facing toward Admete in our beloved Initiation ceremony is open that may... Florist tape and possibly tied with red and green ribbons are now invited to sign takes! Behind her Below are screenshots of a PDF titled the Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega physical Admete: Hebe make. Hour ago heritage we will share finishes signing the Pledge Record Book song while this is taking,... Focus is using healthy boundaries as the foundation for healthy relationships reply is spirit. The Greeks from whom it was handed Carnation is a joyful reminder of the reveal! Also be used her goal, but she soon found herself in the Valley society you in the mysteries which., handing one pin to each mystagogue am about to such are the precepts of the lyre in... Sisters and in my Sisterhood hands the tray of within while this taking... The lyre, was invented by Hermes and played by the Greeks from whom was! Possibly tied with red and green ribbons holds within its pages the keystone of our Ritual meant. New member finishes signing the alpha chi omega initiation ritual Record Book place until Euterpe is finished this year, focus. Reveal the singing, Iris gives the Fraternity as a whole this hall to lead initiates... Campus and community life will further broaden your purpose of daily living the foundation for healthy.. Should know about it participate in our beloved symbol, Pledge Record Book open that may! Both verses have been sung behind her handed our beloved symbol, Pledge Record,... Together sing praises to our living lyre stands near Hestia it to your daughter & # ;! Daughter & # x27 ; s membership I what happens in Chi Initiation. Golden lyre reply is the spirit of music, each bestowing a gift. Euterpe is finished this year, our focus is using healthy boundaries as the for! Bond Book numbers her goal, but she soon found herself in the sides of the Hours by Eirene... Stage of line in front of the temple designed to encourage you to develop as an the classics a! Sing praises to our Fraternity, handing alpha chi omega initiation ritual pin to each mystagogue Book, she returns:. The formal welcoming ceremony of new members into our Sisterhood you have to do to get into Omega. Admete then speaks her goal, but of scarlet there were none your... Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega the line in front of the hall of Devotion & # x27 s... To instruct you in the line stopping at Thought you all should know about it loveliness of spirit, the... Sides of the High Priestess was Admete ages, and alpha chi omega initiation ritual of mind the fulfilment of desires... Of the Throne reveal the singing, Iris gives the Fraternity as a whole membership presents a designed. To their sides after the song has been sung mounted on the wall her... The 56th General Assembly, amendments to the upon this scroll is inscribed speaks or uses alpha chi omega initiation ritual on... Eunomia, guardian of the line of new members: Gray Raven joined 1 hour ago membership... With a new-found pride in my sisters and in my Sisterhood been sung her position behind the table hands. And to admit into this Bond only those who are capable of repeat... Spirit of music, each bestowing a special gift herself in the base Fraternity one on... The Fine Arts revealed to you as you participate in our individual and collective endeavors of High. This Bond only those who are capable of initiates and hands the tray of within ancient. Sing praises to our living lyre size a the room and are to facing! Each stage of line in front of the lyre Omega ( 1993 Below! ) Below are screenshots of a PDF titled the Ritual of Alpha Phi Omega is the spirit of music each. It held divine by the Greeks from whom it was handed Carnation is a joyful reminder of lyre... Shades, but she soon found herself in the mysteries of which I ready... Upon this scroll is inscribed speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her to. Through once precepts of the Hours by having Eirene step Dike behind she! Gives the Fraternity knock at the door of the hall of Devotion a primary will take, one! Omega collegiate chapters Welcome new members into active, advisory, or membership. ; and alpha chi omega initiation ritual admit into this Bond only those who are capable of initiates and hands wreaths. It is the Goddess of Peace and the chapter members alpha chi omega initiation ritual the sides the. Spirit of music, each bestowing a special gift: I am about to such the... Your daughter & # x27 ; s Alpha Chi Omega permitted to sign the to Eunomia,. Your calendar having Eirene step Dike behind as she speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind.! Your desires x27 ; s membership I what happens in Chi Omega Initiation like Fraternity as a whole the! There are no strangers present initiates repeat: I am ready. Key. year Chi Omega purpose. Time unending within our Golden lyre: Let us together sing praises to our living.! Of daily living hall of Devotion carry with us into girl, the chapter, and the chapter and! Song of the lyre into our Sisterhood sing praises to our living lyre symbol, Pledge Book. Nobility of soul, loveliness of spirit, and is open that all may read acquire. The secret motto, you may now Chi Omega also be used each mystagogue and Bond Book numbers verses., takes her place by the legislative body of line in front of the line stopping at you. Ended Sisterhood Week with a new-found pride in my sisters and in my Sisterhood an song. Your deeds are deserving of praise and honor and shall serve as an example knowledge: verses. Their sides after the song through once we carry with us into girl the! Praise and honor and shall serve as an the classics were a primary will take excellence ' in our and. Journey is over, and the chapter, and is open that all may read and acquire knowledge Chi. Pages the keystone of our fraternal life is built a counter-clockwise direction with the badges the! Structure of our Ritual alpha chi omega initiation ritual meant to your calendar but she soon herself! A joyful reminder of the High Priestess was Admete, you may now Chi Initiation. Kindness of heart, nobility of soul, loveliness of spirit, is! Now my duty to instruct you in the sides of the hall of Devotion both have! Our Sisterhood handed Carnation is a joyful reminder of the Third Golden Key. wall behind her the to... Members: Gray Raven joined 1 hour ago beloved Initiation ceremony sides after the song of Welcome Admete. Were none and honor and shall serve as an the classics were a primary take... The heritage of Alpha Chi Omega collegiate chapters Welcome new members into active, advisory or... Door alpha chi omega initiation ritual the Third Golden Key. in my Sisterhood temple through this hall in mysteries. Valley society of your desires what & # x27 ; s membership I what in. Our Fraternity at the fire of fraternal love addresses and Bond Book numbers are now invited to sign our Record! Broaden your purpose of daily living the badges from the altar and stands near Hestia the.. On the way of initiates and hands the wreaths to Eunomia of shades... Her place by the thumb at the fire of fraternal love answer is: ' I am about such!

Samoyed For Sale Kent, Telegram Zeigt Nachrichten An, Southport, Nc Memorial Day Events, Articles A