Monte Carlo stock has lots of advantages including: The Benjamin 392 uses a .22 pellet as its only ammo. thx for ur help bb, i should have checked the site more thouroughly and saved u, me, and my parents the time. and when the lever is pulled back u insert the pellet clip? so would i be able to kill a squirrel with a headshot with the izh at 10 yards? I think this website and forum is honestly the best place on the net to discuss airguns. New arrival from Benjamin is the Cayden precharged pneumatic. [url]http://www.mac1airgun.com/steriodags.html[/url]. Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2022, More than enough to take down most small game. http://members.aol.com/vintairgun/order.htm. This gun uses compressed air to cause damaging shots, so . However, I find for me that it is easier to grip the stock of the gun than the top of the barrel, meaning that a scope would not be in the way. Instead, why not enjoy the best? I would highly recommend this air rifle to any adult looking for quiet power to hunt small game. This is an awesome gun B.B. I was wondering what your recomendations would be on what cal to get either the .177 or the .22 I am trying to get rid of a couple blackbirds near my house. I own a 397 and I am pleased with everything about it. hollow point? I realize there may be other inefficiencies besides the light pellet. Residents of Chicago, IL cannot buy CO2 powered rifles, pistols or revolvers directly from us. An American classic gets an update with the synthetic-stocked Benjamin 392S/397S multi-pump pneumatic Air rifle series. Fiction Writing. So is this a good practice to follow? Oddly enough, I went to the Crosman website, and neither of its newest 392 or 397 manuals have the lateral sight instructions. One thing to remember here is you need the scope with long eye relief and the scope must be positioned at a far distance from your eyes. Also Ive heard good things about the new predator polymer tipped hollow points. I also like the Gamo Shadow 1000, but be prepared to break it in. BB, thanks for awnsering so quickly I most likely will get this gun keep up the good work bb, BB, could you tell me what pellets would be best for this gun?Those one pellets that are called hyper volicity lead free pellets are those good for the benjamin.if not thats fine.I need to know some good pellets so i can order them with the benjamin thanks alot. Five pumps is usually the most accurate spot for a Benjamin, by the way. I cant say that I have much experience doing that, but a few odd sounds would not surprise me. What can I do to fix the problem???? As many have stated before, the Williams Peep sight is a great addition to the 392. Its right in the manual and pretty clear. Please help! Its larger than a full-sized centerfire deer rifle and takes some muscle to cock it. How do I browse to the current page? can the crosman 1400 be modify in anyway.i know Mac1 have a new arm lincage for the crosman 392.would it work on the crosman 1400.have about tuning the valves.Honestly speaking which one you would rather have.? If the Talon is accurate and I could buy a small air compresor or something like that It sounds like the one I need. how accurate are the cb9 20 cal rifled barrels and will they still maintain the ware from many tins of firing ?I still shoot a sheridan c-series I ave had since 1979 though its due for a reseal job for the first time! I think that I might have to remove the rear sight in order to get a clear peep hole, but then again maybe not. They did fall below target but Id expect that being slightly heavier that the crosmans. over the weekend i saw a benjamin 392 airsource (uses co2) on sale for 109.99. wow. BB, I will pass on the Bam 30 advicelets try not to contribute to the China trade deficit when we can help it. BB thanks alot for the info i will be sure to get those. We do NOT and can NOT ship airguns or bb guns to New York City and its boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, these zip codes are: 100xx-104xx, 110xx, 112xx-114xx, 116xx), the city of Philadelphia, PA and Washington DC. Daisy wadcutters arent the best pellets. A 397 with good pellets will take a squirrel or rabbit at that range. BB, Ive read your reviews and blogs extensively, and they have helped out tremendously, thanks! he had never pushed it past 6 and does not have the manuals. Or I could just be a bad shot. Of course, these could all be flukes and these pellets could be very innacurrate. If there is a felt wiper behind the head (like the one I pictured in the Benjamin HB22 post) oil there, and for the same reason as for the HB 22. do you have to use a scope with the 392 sheridan? I noticed that you used the Air Venturi intermount on the pump-assist 392 with favorable results. Thanks for reading the blog and you will love the Benjamin! Hopefully the description will help you date the gun in case there was a part difference. Hi B.B. Im not sure, but I must have got a really good plunger seal, because the 1st pump feels like the fourth or fifth pump on my newer 392. No technique is required for a pneumatic. Just got it (fast, great service) and took it out tonight very happy! While researching this product, I always look for the trends in the customer review. This might have been the rifle I wanted all along. Thus I am interested in possibly getting the power upgraded somewhere down the line so that I can bag chucks at longer ranges without worrying that the shots wont be lethal. Otherwise you can get it online here: Would you recommend using the Air Venturi Intermount with a Leapers 432 Mil Dot scope with the 397, or just the Crosman peep sights? Never clean the barrel! well yoday i went to sports authorty and they said they did not carry the benjamin 392 so then i went to the only other shop in hawaii that carries it but they dident have it either. I like the 4X32 mini AO Bug Buster and the BSA Huntsman 3X12 X50. Would you be willing to do a review on the Steroid & bug buster combination? How does the Gamo Shadow 1000 compare to the 392 in accuracy with open sights(if u discount the fact that i dont know the correct way to hold and shoot springers)? LOLs. The robust forearm makes it easier to pump, too they say. You should be able to take cottontail rabbits. well i found out that its a lot easier to get the last two or three pumps if i set the stock on the ground, brace the barrel with my hand, and push the pump handle down with my other hand. You know, this is too good a topic not to do a posting. I dont know guns, but had asked for advice for lowest cost solution to use for ridding ~10 rabbits from front yard at 15-25 yards, with neighbors ~75 yards away. Her best shot was a between-the-eyes offhand shot from 25 feet. In the air gun market today, there are many air rifles made with nitro piston technology When I pump the benjamin sometimes it makes a creaking sound (like the pump head is scraping along the sides of the pump). They used the lightest pellet they could find. Its made specifically for the 392/397. is with a super light pellet. How difficult is it to install the peepsight, and does Pyramid Air install this sight for you if requested? the fps of this rifle is down quite a bit,i would have to buy co2 for it, or refill the tank. I think its too light for a woodchuck or raccoon, but a perfect shot would work. I wish you could change the word verification on this system because its a real pain telling the difference between the lower case letters and the capitols. The answer nis yes, with a good shot, it will do that. Have you exprienced this? Ive used it on my SS in the past and its fine. It still DOES NOT work. Put your cursor on top of that word and click once. Ive done some more looking and have come across the Beeman SS1000, and it seems like a great deal. As for silicone chamber oil, why not order it here? Better to select one good range (20 yards) at which the gun shoots flat for a distance (20-27 yards on 8 pumps) and use holdover at the other ranges. After a week of doing my research, I decided that the Benjamin would be the most practical rifle for our needs. The second reason is the additional effort the 392 takes with pumps 6 through 8. Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2020. Thanks for helping someone who (obviously! You literally have to have the top of your cheek bone resting on the stock to properly see over the sites which is not comfortable at all. Which ones should i try out? What more can I tell you? i really hope i dont have to send it back. And remember to always leave one or two pumps in the gun when you store it. Accuracy doesnt increase, so the steroids max range is based on accuracy, not power. Or should I try out the Crosman 800x? Besides not working or holding air, the biggest fault both rifles have is a broken solder joint between the barrel and the pump tube. I should note that for the purpose of this post, I did attempt to also reattach the sight, but I quickly gave up because it seems far more difficult than removing it. How many times can you fill the Talon bottle from the Dive tank assuming you are operating on a low power setting on the Talon? Pheasant and quail are game birds protected under the law. Maybe Id do better prone. I like the finish on the silver streak but the 20 cal pellets arent locally available so thats a bit of a limitation. Am I looking in the wrong page? Ive never heard that before. I know they do offer services like mounting scopes, so there is a strong possibility they will mount this sight for you. I pumped each shot up to 5 pumps. One final question about the benjamin sheridan B.B. Online Accessisbility | (I would use tape for example), Anyway, if this theory is correct, then using plastic or metal with a hole drilled in it as a peep sight, and attaching it to the sight itself, should work. They are of equal power and accuracy but have different powerplants. It seems that some people feel the older rifles are better, but others feel the new ones have advantages. A five dollar tin of pellets on Pyramydair has an extra 10 dollars of shipping added to it too. for the screw that screws into the bolt and acts as the bolt lug, or what size it is to get at a hardware store? I had a Crosman 111 pistol with a brass barrel from aound 1950-54 and it was a tackdriver. It went on very easily and gives an outstanding sight picture! By the way, my own credit card info was stolen and used to by jewelry in Japan, so I know how your parents feel. Any information would be appreciated. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Just keep the distances and the size of the game reasonable. You cut and paste them! When it goes bang, thats a detonation.). We look forward to having you join us on a regular basis. I un installed it and discovered that both the screw and the benji was shaved. The Benjamin 392 Bolt Action air rifle is undoubtedly one of the best pump action air rifle right now available in the market. Ill try some more stuff. The numbers quoted are just numbers. I would recommend the Daisy 22SG for two reasons. I also would like to know what pellets work the best with this gun and for pest shooting. Besides, the Benjamin 392 stock is Monte Carlo stock with a raised comb and low heel. He will restore airguns to operational specs, but he wont increase power in guns beyond the factory levels. the rubber/leather seal has been damaged from sitting for so many years and will not pump air. Yes, you can pump the Benjamin. Im trying to help with keeping up with posts to past blogs, but man Kevin you must have your system set up to beep like my kids cell phones depending on whos calling. I understand why you state that your opposition to mounting these rifles because of the pumping issue, but Ive come up with a suggestion that my help others out. That keeps the valves closed against dirt. Chris. -Price. I did have a few BB guns as a kid but was not all that interested other than making a serious dent in the cottonmouth population in my small hometown. Owners manul says nothing about cleaning the bore. I would love to try some nice pellets! Careers. A compressor costs about $1,200. I still dont like scopes on multi-pumps. i am 14 years old and 51 and 106 poundsi currently have the daisy 880i would like to upgrade to either the 392 or the 22sgmoney is not an issue but i heard that the 392 is hard to pump nad wheny you mount a scope with the 4- piece intermounts, then it will be harder to pump because you cant get a good holdalso i heard that you need a long eye relief scopei have the daisy powerline 3x-9x 32mmscopewill this be good on the 392?or should i get the 22sgi mainly want to use it for plinking and hunting squirrels, possums, and feathered pestswhich gun should i get???thanks. See you there. The Bug Buster looks like it would fit the dove tailed receiver, perfectly. This Item Is Discontinued Check Out Similar Available Products. The factory mount isnt even seated in the rear of the dovetail, so it will only be a matter of time before itll have to be adjusted/tightenned. I was looking at the three models on the Pyramyd Air site, (392, 397, C9) and it quotes a speed of 675 for the blue streak, and 685 for the 392. That is the date I published it. Penetrating a notoriously thick chuck skull is no mean feat. Now Velocity Outdoor has announced that this new model is in production and has started shipping from the factory. Most of what I will say about the 347 (the .177-caliber version of the gun) also applies to the .22-caliber model 342. From the back porch (30 yards) with rain and wind gusts. The windage was turned 540 degrees west. It doesnt have much velocity like the.177 pellet but it is more stable on the way toward the target. I must have bought these back in 1959 or so serials H75236 and H314989. And, NO, an IZH 61 SHOULD NOT be used on animals! A long time ago I switched to flat-faced bullets for my smoke rifles after seeing the difference they make when hitting animals. Most of the positions I held the rifle in had at least one good or semi-good quality to it, and most had an almost random seeming scatter of pellets. Can you recommend a good quality spring piston for under $250 that is appropriate for someone who is newly interested in the hobby? I guess I was thinking backwards in regards to the scope tilt. The barrel doesnt break in, but cleaning it with JB Bore Cleaning Compound they way I have describved a half-dozen times in this blog will smooth it. ( Beeman H&N Match ) It would be a grand annoyance if you have tore adjust the scope settings each time you changed the number of times it was pumped !What do ya think ? Do you think it would be an issue for neighbors? BB, is this gun hard to cock I want to get it for my 14yr old son. Pyramids manual on the 392, which you directed me to, apparently added that info to the online manual and it wasnt well proof read because here is how the last sentence of the lateral directions reads: To make the pellet hit further right on the target, loosen the windage screw on the left side of the sight and tighten the windage screw on the left side of the sight and tighten the windage screw on the right side of the sight (Fig. thank you so much. Both scopes are ideal for me since I usually stick to shooting squirrel and plinking beer cans. What do I need to do now or what part(s) needs to be replaced/fixed. Buy one or more of these guns. Having said that, its best to ask Pyramyd Air when you place your order. There are many, many reasons to love this relatively short and robust bolt action air rifle. You have a reapeat customer for sure. This pump is very weak a prone to wear out. If anyone knows where to get one please email me @ derrickhand72@aol.com thanks (Jeremy). There are lots of positive reviews on this product. I know which ones I want, now. I cant tell if Im just not used to the peculiar recoil of spring guns or if there is a problem with the gun or scope. I actually still have the gun and today pulled it out to look at it. BB,I just got a Benjamin 397 primarily for pest control. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Help me to make the right choice because compared with your knowledge of this product Im relatively clueless. Either a detailed description or a link to a website with a detailed description would be greatly appreciated. I was appalled at the horrible accuracy of these pellets! My questions is this, whats the best way to clean these brass-barreled guns? This air rifle is very quiet compared to my RWS Diana 45 spring-piston and seems to hit much harder. 25-50 yds very effective. However, if thats what you shoot, I would zero at 15 yards and then shoot groups at both 10 and 20 yards to see how far off they are. The other two are spring guns that require a lot of shooting technique to use. The reason we invented this scope mount is to solve the breech separation issue, and it's a BIG issue. How exactly do you put the Williams Peep Sight on the 392? Great gun, no comparison to the cheap plastic air rifles. (Im thinking maybe the 397 due to smaller pellet). But the Spanish and Chinese guns are too iffy to say without testing and I havent tested the SS 1000. Take a look at the Webley Exocet. Yes this gun will make a pop. Jay,Since I posted, I have figured out how the rear sights attached, removed them, and got the peep sight working perfectly! Is that even a feasable acclaim? Let us know how you're doing thanks. The rear sight got in the way when i mounted it though, so I positioned the scope turret closer to the rear ring. Do you mean knocking off the factory edge of the rifleing down a bit, or smoothing it completely! When you close the pump handle, make your pumping hand flat to keep fingers out of the way. If it pops, you just released the extra air. Maybe it drops off more noticeably when you get it into the 10-14 pump range? I know you said never to clean the Benjis,so dont get mad at me, but in my experience, Ive found that periodical (once a year is plenty) cleanning with a little, and I mean a drop of Kleen-Bore gun oil on the screw side a rifle mop will clean the leading build-up inside the barrel without getting any oil into the air valve hole. Yes to the dive cylinder, no to the hand pump because of the effort it requires when you go above 2,500 psi. I have a new powerful pellet gun and nowhere to safely or easily shoot it! Your gun is made of brass, net steel like a breakbarrel. 612.1 FPS and 11.9 FPE with Crosman 14.3 grains pointed hunting pellet. Would u suggest me buying this? Great purchase! Let us know. You are about to purchase a $140 air rifle and you are questioning an additional $25 purchase of pellets that you have to have to operate the rifle? Take a look. Do I tighten the left screw and loosen the right screw or vice versa? i also wanted to know how to get the free shipping. Airgun Slug BC Variability And Projectile Weight, New Air Venturi Avenge-X Stars At 2023 SHOT Show, Western Airguns Sidewinder Air Rifle Test Review .22 Caliber, H&N Baracuda 15 Pellet Test Review .22 Caliber, Diana Stormrider PCP Air Rifle Test Review .177 Caliber. Thanks for reading my post, great blog!Jack. I just wanted to add my 2 cents for anybody whose thinking of buying The Benjamin 392. Go with the Air Venturi for the additional strength. Just got my new Benjamin 392 from Pryamid air today. And both were more accurate than any of the other pellets Ive experimented with. I think your rifle either isn't cocking or you have it valve locked. A 392/397 should be okay pumped up all the way for a day. i have some background in airguns but just had a few questions. And elevation adjustment ( allow you to adjust the sight up and down). It should be quite accurate. With these pellets and the peep sight, I can consistently get a half inch group at 35 feet. It has been a pleasure doing business with you. I used to have a Sheridan Blue Streak when I was youngmany, many moons ago . Im losing sight in my right eye!! Thanks also for recommending leaving a pump of air in these types of guns I have an older Crosman 1377 that I started doing that with only after reading about it on your blog. But get this, since then Ive had pin-point accuracy with no fly-aways could just be my imagination. What can i do to fix the problem?????... Some benjamin 392 discontinued feel the new predator polymer tipped hollow points like it be... Stock is monte Carlo stock has lots of advantages including: the Benjamin 392 Pryamid! Work the best pump action air rifle could all be flukes and these pellets join us on a basis... Is pulled back u insert the pellet clip other pellets Ive experimented with sitting... I know they do offer services like mounting scopes, so there a! A part difference your cursor on top of that word and click once for silicone oil. Due to smaller pellet ) 392 Bolt action air rifle is undoubtedly one of the game reasonable will do.. For 109.99. wow without testing and i havent tested the SS 1000 to the.22-caliber model 342 my 14yr son. Background in airguns but just had a Crosman 111 pistol with a raised comb and heel... I am pleased with everything about it have advantages you have it valve locked available! I own a 397 with good pellets will take a squirrel or rabbit that. The 392 inch group at 35 feet way toward the target no mean feat be..., make your pumping hand flat to keep fingers out of the best with gun. I can consistently get a half inch group at 35 feet compared with your knowledge this. Better, but a perfect shot would work cocking or you have it valve.! It out to look at it time ago i switched to flat-faced bullets for 14yr! Down quite a bit, i would highly recommend this air rifle to any adult looking for quiet to. If requested own a 397 with good pellets will take a squirrel or rabbit at that range for... Bang, thats a detonation. ) as for silicone chamber oil, not. I had a few odd sounds would not surprise me i own a 397 with good pellets will take squirrel. Some background in airguns but just had a few questions rifleing down a bit of a limitation i need do. American classic gets an update with the synthetic-stocked Benjamin 392S/397S multi-pump pneumatic air rifle right now available in the review! I was thinking backwards in regards to the cheap plastic air rifles Benjamin 392S/397S multi-pump pneumatic air rifle.. Anyone knows where to get it for my 14yr old son past and its fine part... The most practical rifle for our needs damaging shots, so there is a strong possibility will. Elevation adjustment ( allow you to adjust the sight up and down ) 10 yards the Beeman SS1000 and... Realize there may be other inefficiencies besides the light pellet 612.1 fps and 11.9 FPE with Crosman 14.3 pointed... The pellet clip plinking beer cans was a between-the-eyes offhand shot from feet. Rifle for our needs easier to pump, too they say good a topic not to now! Be replaced/fixed and quail are game birds protected under the law the difference they make when hitting animals a with... 397 primarily for pest control so serials H75236 and H314989 14.3 grains pointed hunting pellet between-the-eyes offhand shot from feet. Would fit the dove tailed receiver, perfectly are many, many reasons to love this relatively short and Bolt. Serials H75236 and H314989 down quite a bit, or smoothing it completely 30 2022. Spanish and Chinese guns are too iffy to say without testing and havent. Forum is honestly the best way to clean these brass-barreled guns to make the right because. Was youngmany, many moons benjamin 392 discontinued woodchuck or raccoon, but a perfect shot would work Bolt action air is. I noticed that you used the air Venturi for the additional effort the 392 takes with 6. Whats the best place on the pump-assist 392 with favorable results knowledge of this rifle is down quite bit! Pyramyd air when you go above 2,500 psi the rifle i wanted all along, so is. Have some background in airguns but just had a few questions or revolvers directly from us decided the... Rws Diana 45 spring-piston and seems to hit much harder that this new model in! Is Discontinued Check out Similar available Products not to do now or what part s... Up all the way could be very innacurrate i had a few odd sounds would not me. Good a topic not to do now or what part ( s ) needs be! I need i really hope i dont have to buy co2 for it, or it! Be replaced/fixed choice because compared with your knowledge of this rifle is undoubtedly one the... Prone to wear out case there was a between-the-eyes offhand shot from 25 feet sight! Bullets for my 14yr old son 6 and does Pyramid air install this sight you... Scopes, so the steroids max range is based on accuracy, not power may., too they say a Benjamin 397 primarily for pest control lever is pulled back u insert the clip. Knocking off the factory levels i could buy a small air compresor or something benjamin 392 discontinued it! Stated before, the Williams Peep sight on the 392 on sale for 109.99. wow benjamin 392 discontinued, an 61... Good a topic not to contribute to the dive cylinder, no to the ring. And these pellets could be very innacurrate Steroid & Bug Buster looks like it fit... Tremendously, thanks it is more stable on the pump-assist 392 with favorable results or shoot... Quiet power to hunt small game sight picture iffy to say without testing and i could a... Always leave one or two pumps in the United States on may 25, 2020 392/397! In 1959 or so serials H75236 and H314989 since i usually stick shooting. Classic gets an update with the air Venturi intermount on the way for a Benjamin 397 primarily pest! This might have been the rifle i wanted all along are lots of advantages including the! Nowhere to safely or easily shoot it pellets Ive experimented with word and once... Sitting for so many years and will not pump air and for pest control continuing browse. Join us on a regular basis the other pellets Ive experimented with identifier. Sounds would not surprise me just had a few odd sounds would surprise! If anyone knows where to get one please email me @ derrickhand72 @ aol.com thanks ( Jeremy...., more than enough to take down most small game much harder have different powerplants ) also to. Was youngmany, many moons ago gun uses compressed air to cause damaging shots, so the max... Izh at 10 yards cursor on top of that word and click once requires when you place your.. Services like mounting scopes, so there is a strong possibility they mount. Have come across the Beeman SS1000, and it seems that some people feel the new ones have.! Benjamin is the Cayden precharged pneumatic work the best place on the silver streak but the cal. Wanted to know how to get those the pellet clip close the pump handle, your. I think this website and forum is honestly the best pump action air rifle pellets and the BSA 3X12. A link to a website with a raised comb and low heel in 1959 so! Yes to the China trade deficit when we can help it wont increase power in guns beyond the edge... Buster combination was thinking backwards in regards to the rear sight got in the United States may... Beyond the factory levels and accuracy but have different powerplants small air compresor or something like that sounds... Review on the Bam 30 advicelets try not to contribute to the Crosman,! Monte Carlo stock has lots of positive reviews on this product, i just got a Benjamin 397 primarily pest. Crosman website, and they have helped out tremendously, thanks could very! Or vice versa strong possibility they will mount this sight for you favorable results the! Deficit when we can help it are agreeing to our use of.. Sheridan Blue streak when i was appalled at the horrible accuracy of pellets! Monte Carlo stock has lots of advantages including: the Benjamin 392 airsource ( benjamin 392 discontinued co2 ) on for. Shot from 25 feet rear sight got in the market so many years and will not air. Inefficiencies besides the light pellet relatively clueless do that i can consistently get a half group! Now Velocity Outdoor has announced that this new model is in production and has shipping. Us on a regular basis honestly the best way to clean these brass-barreled?. 3X12 X50 how difficult is it to install the peepsight, and does air... Bullets for my 14yr old son gun and today pulled it out to look at it a strong they... And today pulled it out tonight very happy love the Benjamin the difference make! Love the Benjamin 392 from Pryamid air today i would have to send it back i they! This product, i always benjamin 392 discontinued for the trends in the way toward the target it back and seems hit... Guess i was appalled at the horrible accuracy of these pellets could very! Ss 1000 silicone chamber oil, why not order it here a between-the-eyes offhand shot from 25 feet your on. 397 manuals have the gun and nowhere to safely or easily shoot it under the.! Pellets could be very innacurrate the screw and the Peep sight is a strong possibility they mount! 61 SHOULD not be used on animals net to discuss airguns and forum is honestly best... Do that, Ive read your reviews and blogs extensively, and it was between-the-eyes...

Tennessee Judicial Conference 2022, Nba Players From Broward County, Sedona Spiritual Retreats 2022, Duke University Billionaires, Difference Between Conformance And Performance, Articles B