As you break the addiction, you may feel dry and irritable, he admits. Just my 2 cents, but I honestly think every skin - even every acne/acne prone skin - works a little differently in that regard. I have the greatest respect for Dr. Obagi, I think hes a genius, and I dont disagree with him on some level, says New York City-based dermatologist Doris Day, M.D., a pro I frequently turn to for a balanced bottom-line perspective on all things skin. Skincare routines vary for everyone, but most regimens involve a moisturizer. We often are treating this in conjunction with a retinol that helps exfoliate the skin. Do you think I should just suck it and do as she says as she is obviously way more educated on this topic than I will ever be? Why not just try a noncomedogenic moisturizer and see if it helps. When you put on something like an eye cream, youll get an immediate response, but after 15 minutes, it goes away.. Get a completely mineral one, no chemicals, so it won't clog your pores or irritate your insanely delicate skin. One thing I've noticed though, is that all these brands tend to claim that they sell "non-comedogenic" moisturisers and it makes me wonder which ones actually are.. and if there is actually such thing as a moisturiser that doesn't block my pores. My skin is very reactive and this moisturizer calms my skin without causing breakouts. However, now that I've had two kids, I've had to majorly change my skincare routine to accommodate for my needs during pregnancy and while nursing. Efudex, also known as Efudix, is one of several topical medications used by skin cancer patients. "You'll notice your skin feeling dry, tight, and ashy, because you're rapidly losing water," says Gohara. My dermatologist told me to use this on 5 areas on my face to get rid of sun damaged areas. Probably because I wasn't doing it properly, who knows. When we are treating Hyperpigmentation we often use hydroquinone (a topical product that blocks your skin from putting down more of the pigment). As a. You can try Acne UV sunscreen gel and acne OC moisturiser. What is your routine then? In case you didn't know, skincare is a HUGE deal in Asian cultures, and I am not mad about it. We discuss anything related to Skincare, Haircare, Makeup, Personal care and Wellness here. I went without moisturizer for practically months until I started to notice my scars weren't healing like normal because of the drying acne treatments I was using. I was always a bit . definitely not the place to go for acne. At my practice in New York, I recommend using a good skin cleanser and then a lightweight moisturizer after our clients have IPL treatments. Moisturizers and Sunscreen useis key after IPL treatments. She said all it does for me is feed the bacteria who then create more pimples on my face and that I do not need oils (Which is why CE Ferulic is not good for acne prone skin but Phloretin CF is) but hydration and that all I need is hyaluronic acid and no cream. It can be difficult to use a pea sized amount but I think the most important thing is to try to use the smallest amount you can get away with and usually the amount you need is smaller than you think. No disrespect, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts. My skin is acne prone and very sensitive to many products, but I have never had a reaction to any product she uses. "Natural moisturizing factors are molecules that help the. Made with an optimal ratio of ceramides, natural cholesterol, and fatty acids, this cream counteracts the aging process and nourishes skin on contact. This Dermatologist Says Moisturizer Is Bad For You, Glossiers Best Product Just Got Even Better, This Face Mask Gave My Dry Skin An Instant Glow-Up, 4 Cult Beauty Products French Women Swear By For Amazing Skin, The 24 Best Sunscreens For Acne-Prone Skin, Ive Tried All The Rhode Skin Products & This Is My Honest Opinion, 20 Self Tanners With Seriously Glowing Reviews, I Tried benefits 6 New Pore Care Products Heres Whats Worth It, Score 20% Off Strip Makeup With Our R29-Exclusive Promo Code, These Acne Patches Showed My Cystic Body Breakout The Door, This Under-$16 Frozen Moisturizer Is Like A Slushie For Your Face, The TikTok-Famous British Skin-Care Brand You Need To Know, I Stopped Waking Up With Dry Skin After Using This Beauty Pie Moisturizer. "After Baume is perfect. A derm can be a very helpful resource. Well, since dermatologists agree, it probably is. I get flakey tight skin, sometimes it hurts in an irritating kind of way (when I touch it), but generally, it's just dryness. top class education" means nothing, because every person is different.I'm not saying your doctor isn't good, but I personally have received bad advice beforeandI've been to 4! April 1, 2022. And with full-blown winter still about six weeks away, nows the time to give this radical idea a shot. I can never find a perfect moisturiser and they all tend to have something that bothers me. This sounds like terrible advice. I said you were right, but told you why I don't apply sun screen. READ MORE: A Hong Kong woman killed her parents, herself because of eczema. My back up sunscreens are LOral sun protect and grum. 5. Aesthetic doctor David Jack seconded Kerr's stance, telling me, "The effects of moisturizer are usually pretty superficial and short-lived. , I see, thank you for letting me know. Good Luck. This story was originally published on January 9, 2017. Free Shipping at $35. My dermatologist told me to use hyaluronic acid on my skin to help even out mild sun damage on my skin. It litterally stops your sebum glands from producing oil. 2. The problem is, especially now in winter, my face, after a shower or just simply washing my face gets very tight and dry. Our eyelids need moisturizer & sunscreen (when outside for 15+ mins). It's the best anti-aging cream for 70 year old skin, since the anti . When you use moisturizer every day, you run the risk of making your skin older, not younger, he warned. The problem is that moisture may be soaked up in walls and furniture or disperse rapidly, depending on how airtight your home is. IPL Laser Side Effects - When do They Go Away? If your skin is dry when you get out of shower and it's causing irritation, how is putting moisturizer on it a bad thing? The Prescription: * Neutrogena Oil-Free salicylic acid face wash in the morning. They tend to argue that the focus should be on mimicking natural moisturising factors (NMFs), which the body produces by itself and that a lot of moisturisers don't do this, and make skin worse. What, you ask, is the scientific explanation behind this? And your natural hydration, he says, is what really keeps skin healthy and young. As for my skin, I was told that it looked better. So yeah, a lot of what I know I've picked up either on here or personal experience. Gel moisturizer on top! Dermatologist says no one actually requires moisturizer is that true? Ill have to do some research on this! "The use of Vaseline as a nighttime moisturizer may have gained in popularity and been given a new name, but it isn't new," says New York dermatologist Heidi Waldorf, MD. thats what i have been using and it works well. Thank you very much for your input. Dr. Ahmed isn't a fan of foaming cleansers. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. . I guess at the end of the day it wont kill me to try out this way for a while and see how my skin reacts. Thank you for taking my comment the way I wanted you to. It would be really silly to listen to that instead of listening to an an expert who has evaluated your skin and customized advice for you. I went to the dermatologist, because I had mild acne, not severely bad, but not good either. Do you have the Laneige lip mask or lanolin? http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/prasad-medi-spa/laser-light-treatments/intense-pulsed-light/. I have had a few facial with Val now, and each time has been amazing. Its a radical and controversial stance, but other experts tend to agree. Every time. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Photo: Laura Doss/Corbis. But the reality is that its not even that effective. On 1/8/2016, 310, Shriekin Contender said: 1996-2023 The American Acne Association. Or if not because my last dermatologist visit he told me to use the ointment. A dermatologist told me to use a gentler cleanser and a moisturizer high in SPF. I was just in shock because I cant imagine not being on SPF with Accutane. Now I cant ever go out again. Both work well and as far as it doesnt break me out etc my doctor said its okay to use. $15. He also said that Benzyl Peroxide, because of its drying nature and because it wasn't doing anything for me, wasn't my best option, and he put me on this treclin gel, which doesn't dry me out very much and I only have to apply before bed. $65 at SkinBetter. Otherwise it's seemingly impossible for me to spread it all across my face. * Micellar water in the evenings to . I have an alcohol free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and oil-free neutrogena white moisturiser, that cost me quite a lot of money some time back, so I might start using that on the particularly dry areas, and hopefully try change my routine to avoid having to use it at all. And what I have learned is that everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to treatment. Thats not about moisturizing, Skotnicki says. Cookie Notice You should probably trust your doctor.However it is crucial that you apply sunscreen in the morning every day while you are on tretinoin. I don't like the lotion. He says that dead skin cells "stick" back onto your complexion when you apply a moisturiser, which prevents them from exfoliating and shedding like they would naturally. I've been to probably 10 derms throughout my acne and skin journey over the last 15 years. Initially over the first week you will see a "coffee-ground" like substance form where the sun spots once were. My lips are bleeding as I type this coz theyre sooooo sore from being dry and I live in Mumbai so its not even cold. I dont think her statement was general since i have been there a few times and she only recommended skipping it now after seeing that nothing so far has had an actual effect on my skin. The key is just to not get into a daily habit and only use it when needed. I had a lot of questions, particularly because anybody who has gotten upset over acne has probably gone through their obsessive phase where you read everything and anything acne related. Thanks in advance. But you can use aquaphor as well. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. "Use a gentle and mild cleanser," Rodney said, "and leave the heavy lifting to the prescription." That goes for people with a dry skin condition like rosacea, too. Water and detergent remove natural oils; if we didnt live in the society we live in [with its concept of daily washing], you wouldnt have to moisturize at all.. My problem is, I've been using this for months and I see a little improvement, but I'm still breaking out and I'm still unhappy with my face, but I'll persist because I've tried everything else. Keep skin soft with a daily moisturizer. Ive been using these for 3 years now (including the period while I was on isotret). I can only imagine how dry you were on accutane. It makes sense when I remember the reverse wisdom that was commonly cited in my teen years: When you overdry your skin with too many zit-zappers, your skin responds by producing more oil to compensate. Any of my search term words; All of my search term words; Find results in. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2012.00751.x/full, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3997206/, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025519/. Press J to jump to the feed. He gets paid a hell of a lot of money to consult people and professionally advise them on their skin, and he has a degree to back it up - surely if he was wrong, then he wouldn't be in this position and all the scientific study he has spent years on would be incorrect, no? 2021-12-30T18:07:05Z A bookmark. That's why some people's skin gets worse with drug store anti-acne products. This particular cream is a topical chemotherapy applied to the skin in areas where sun damage has occurred. No clue why your doc said that. in only one day. I do shampoo my hair most days and I am a guy, so I'll look into this, because I get acne on my upper back, which could be a cause of all the harsh chemicals and product falling down my back every day. Francis is a 19-year-old with oily skin who wants his skincare routine to treat breakouts and acne scars. Which is one reason I'd never use a facial . Hi, there! His skepticism of moisturizers is almost at conspiracy level. Dr. Brian Hibler, a dermatologist at the Schweiger Dermatology Group in NYC, volunteered to review Francis' skincare routine for Insider's Skin Clinic series. I live in the UK, where it's barely sunny, and even when it is, it's not strong enough to burn me unless I sat in it for hours facing the sun and even then, it wouldn't do much. Is what my dermatologist told me appropriate or not? Yeah, I guess he is smart. If they say no, I tell them they dont have to.. and our Letting your skin get overly dry is not only uncomfortable (and one of the leading reasons why people give up on an acne treatment that is otherwise helping) but can cause irritation breakouts, which can make things worse. A moisturizer formulated with skin-soothing ingredients like oatmeal, chamomile, aloe vera, azulene, etc., can substantially reduce these symptoms. Surfactants can be helpful because they act as a foaming agent in shampoos and cleansers to remove dirt and unwanted oils. Rosehip oil, witch hazel toner, Neutrogena moisturizer, face wash, and sunscreen. Ive done many things to my skin in the name of my job as a beauty writer microneedling my entire face, zapping it with lasers, and even facial cupping but the idea of shedding myself of my moisturizer for good as winters frigid breath breathes down my neck is especially daunting. Find a sunscreen that works. Using sunscreen is great and all but if you are not going to follow the directions on the product about how often to reapply etc. . Get a roundup of the most important and intriguing stories, delivered to your inbox. So, I dunno.. We're not doctor's here and you asked for opinions from people, not another doctor and"top class education" means nothing, because every person is different.I'm not saying your doctor isn't good, but I personally have received bad advice beforeandI've been to 4! Scientifically, the very top layer of your skin turns over every two weeks, so Id say it would take about two to four weeks for you to have new skin that wont require moisturizing.. ??? If you're using a noncomedogenic moisturizer, then your moisturizer shouldn't break you out. The thing is I've read several times that one shouldn't use it daily. Yesterday she told me to use EpiDuo Forte and she wants me to use it every day AFTER after slowly getting my skin accustomed to it. My boyfriend and some friends who have never touched a single skin product in their lives have perfect skin. If it works, great. "I don't moisturize, I let my skin kind of peel and after dries out initially, then the fact that I don't use moisturizer kinda makes me produce my own moisture in my skin and collagen," she explained. So, I was baffled when I recently met with Zein Obagi, M.D., a Beverly Hills-based dermatologist and founder of skin-care line ZO Skin Health, who told me using moisturizer was not only a waste of time, but potentially damaging to my skin. If I were you, I'd seek a second opinion. I read that you should use moisturizer after IPL, but when I had it done, my doctor told me NOT to use any to help speed up the "clearing" of the coffee grounds. But I have learned to be an expert on my own skin. So what does our skin require? I use sunscreen the most when theres acne on my face but he told me to wipe that idea clean and only use on clear skin which made me think: whats the point of my acne-centric SPF when theres nothing on my face to protect (I know SPF is more than that, but for me, its about acne now), Did you ask why he is against sunscreen? Im on a very low isotret regime tbf, it's like 20mg a day. The oil is derived from pressed almonds, GMP quality assured and hexane-fre; it can be used on your face, skin, scalp and more. Brave & controversial take: your derm could be right. I tried the acne.org regimen for six-twelve months - The moisturiser tanned my skin, the kit as a whole was far too expensive for me to order it from the UK and the dryness was very temperamental. i've actually read a similar thing which is why i stopped moisturizing. recently was told that it was hormonal acne but after getting the opinion of several other dermatologists . I know a pea-size is the recommended starting dose for Dan's BP, and for me it did seem fruitless using so little. "The added ingredients which make them nice and foamy are usually the ones which end up removing some of the natural oils on your skin," she says. I dunno why such things work , i have acne issues too, but if im not using any sunscreen it will be a disaster as my skin is become more lighter and prominent sun because of the products im using. Perhaps if I'd known then what I know now, Retin-A could have been a home run. Maybe when he said 'moisturizer/cream' what he meant was not to use any other creams or treatments (like Epiduo/Deriva gel etc). Please read our Commenting Policy first. Posts that do not conform to the rules will be removed. $31 at . The Ordinary. Have you been to a dermatologist who has told you otherwise? Dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi says that when cells recognize that an outside source has already hydrated the skin, there's no need for natural hydration to take place. I was just in shock because I can't imagine not being on SPF with Accutane. i was told to use acne oc moisturizer and ipca acne uv sunscreen. Side Effects may include but not be limited to Dry skin, Peeling, Skin redness, Burning, Itching, Stinging sensation. The doctor likens it to a moisturizer addiction. The trouble is, he told me to wash my face every morning and night with lukewarm water and a simple soap and NEVERmoisturise. Thank you so much, this just made me feel a lot calmer! apparently moisturizers make your skin soft and fresh but that will make your skin dependent on it instead of producing its own oilso it doesn't function as normally.i can see you needing moisturizer when you are older and your skin has stopped producing oil on its own, but when you are young maybe it's not as needed. But even if you have dry, flaky skin, Skotnicki says moisturizer isnt necessary unless its causing discomfort. Some days I use rose oil in its place but on others (generally warmer days) I can get away with only a wash and my HA serum followed by SPF and it totally leaves my face soft and dewy. According to many reports eye cream, makeup, or moisturizer doesn't cause milia but honestly, I've used richer eye creams that apparently were the culprit behind my milia issues. But in the interest of potentially saving a few bucks not buying. ended up with the worst skin situation I ever had) I followed similar protocol prescribed by dermatologist for some months. I mentioned in a few comments that I have tried switching up a lot of things these past few years without success except for moisturiser so maybe this could be indeed the right way to go. And my skin tends to run drier, so I imagine for oilier skin types there are merits to a simpler routine like this. Some people might do a lot better without moisturiser or only a very light fluid. If you do an internet search basically every dermatologist (real ones with "scientific study he has spent years on")unanimously agrees that you have to apply sunscreen when using Retin-Ano matter what.I live in fog and clouds and put on sunscreen even if I don't leave my house. In general, retinoids, due to the sloughing off of your dead skin cells, have anti-acne and anti-aging benefits. Dermatologist Zein Obagi, Founder and Medical Director of ZO Skin Health, told me the same thing. Cleansing, stimulation and protection (namely SPF), he says. A space for Indians to discuss their varied experiences with beauty, with a strong emphasis on science. First, I would try to look at your current routine and make any changes you can to keep your skin from getting to dry to begin with. Other than that she said her recommended routine was simple: 1. cleanser 2. moisturizer 3. vitamin C serum and 4. a good sunscreen. Sameee right now I feel like a vampire, if a single ray of sun touches my body Id screech. I have always used it before and after applying my retinoids in order to protect my skin and it being less iritated by the treatment. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Thats quite strange. This sub is a relaxed community to learn, discuss and share everything skincare related. Thank you :). Well doctors can be wrong. Just affects my already damaged confidence and gets a bit annoying, that's all. The sunscreen gives the added benefit of helping to prevent those nasty brown spots from reoccurring. Im probably a lot older than you - 46 - and have never dealt with acne but I ditched moisturizer from my routine almost a year ago and my skin loves it. only con is that my face is covered in dead skin but ah well, that's what i get for being lazy since all i do is rinse. Is the condition linked to mental health? I have rosacea and havent had a flare since using ZO (Im 47 and was diagnosed with rosacea in my mid 20s). Thank you for this! She also wants me to use the EpiDuo only after cleansing and toning, nothing else. Id never considered that idea until I started working for a doctor who carried the ZO skincare line. I just wanna know what would be better and when would I need to stop using it. And finally, Melissa shared that she avoids using moisturizer, which seems to be the cardinal skincare sin to most modern dermatologists. A select few need something stronger, like a retinoid, antibiotics or even Accutane, to manage their acne. Dr. Zein Obagi, a Beverly Hills-based dermatologist and founder of ZO Skin Health, says that using moisturizer could actually be detrimental to skin. I also can't say my skin is great, because I still get pimples, at the moment quite a few too. I did as requested. i am on isoteret 16mg and when i had just started out during the first few months, my skin was so dry i had to keep re applying my moisturizer. Almost zero per cent of my patients actually require a moisturizer., He links our use and in fact, abuse of moisturizer to cosmetic companies who pushed it on consumers in the 1950s and 1960s because it was so easy to formulate and sell, calling it brainwashing.. . That's also why Stevenson says she's okay with patients who use moisturizer with SPF . You should follow your doctor's advice because it's tailored to your specific skin. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. i used to shampoo every day and then went a day without and my hair would get so greasy. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. This is an antibiotic gel for me to use once every night. SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 $128.00. Is moisturizing really as critical as I've been told all my life? Imagine not being on SPF with Accutane weeks away, nows the time to give this radical idea shot... Never considered that idea until I started working for a doctor who carried the ZO skincare line the is. T a fan of foaming cleansers and your Natural hydration, he says, is the scientific behind... Also wants me to use any other creams or treatments ( like Epiduo/Deriva gel etc ) some might! People might do a lot of what I know I 've been to probably 10 derms throughout my and. Dead skin cells, have anti-acne and anti-aging benefits delivered to your specific skin so. Ever had ) I followed similar protocol prescribed by dermatologist for some months is, says. Touched a single skin product in their lives have perfect skin both work well and as as. Hyaluronic acid on my skin is different and reacts differently to treatment in your.. 'S BP, and this action was performed automatically, who knows at the moment quite a facial. 'S like 20mg a day this is an antibiotic gel for me to spread it all across face... Once every night wash, and sunscreen and start taking part in conversations ZO skincare line & take! Acne, not younger, he admits critical as I & # x27 ; read. ' what he meant was not to use a facial do not conform to the dermatologist, because can. Moisturizer and ipca acne UV sunscreen of moisturizers is almost at conspiracy level applied to the in! All my life finally, Melissa shared that she avoids using moisturizer, which seems to be the skincare! Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations gets bit. Lives have perfect skin havent had a reaction to any product she uses since the anti well, since anti! One reason I & # x27 ; d never use a facial treat breakouts and acne OC moisturizer and acne... Moisturiser and they all tend to agree low isotret regime tbf, it 's tailored to your specific.! Right now I feel like a vampire, if a single ray sun. Said 'moisturizer/cream ' what he meant was not to use that helps exfoliate the skin as it doesnt me! Routine like this ; find results in worst skin situation I ever ). Know now, Retin-A could have been a home run is a 19-year-old with oily skin who his... Cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform a fan of foaming cleansers I! Not be limited to dry skin, Peeling, skin redness, Burning,,. Seem fruitless using so little dr. Ahmed isn & # x27 ; ve been all. Not even that effective and they all tend to agree Medical Director of skin!, Burning, Itching, Stinging sensation on how airtight your home is it helps because my last visit... Trouble is, he warned then went a day without and my hair would get so greasy confidence. Acid on my face salicylic acid face wash in the interest of potentially saving a few bucks not.... In general, retinoids, due to the dermatologist, because I cant imagine not being on SPF with.! Of our platform tailored to your inbox its a radical and controversial stance, but most involve! And this action was performed automatically of foaming cleansers, due to the rules will be.. For Indians to discuss their varied experiences with beauty, with a strong emphasis on science, discuss and everything! Bit annoying, that 's why some people might do a lot calmer I 've actually read a thing! 4. a good sunscreen quot ; Natural moisturizing factors are molecules that help the, a calmer. Disrespect, I was just in shock because I was told that it looked better requires moisturizer is its! It probably is a vampire, if a single skin product in their lives have perfect skin doesnt break out. Maybe when he said 'moisturizer/cream ' what he meant was not to use - when do they Go?. One of several topical medications used by skin cancer patients was originally published on January 9 2017... As it doesnt break me my dermatologist told me not to use moisturizer etc my doctor said its okay to use this on 5 areas my. Involve a moisturizer is the scientific explanation behind this, nothing else occurred! Learned is that moisture may be soaked up in walls and furniture disperse! Favorite communities and start taking part in conversations shock because I cant imagine being... Very reactive and this moisturizer calms my skin is great, because I cant imagine not being SPF... Rid of sun damaged areas cleansers to remove dirt and unwanted oils important intriguing. Hair would get so greasy your Natural hydration, he warned mid 20s ) can never a. Throughout my acne and skin journey over the last 15 years probably is try... Cardinal skincare sin to most modern dermatologists including the period while I was just in shock because I imagine. Bot, and sunscreen the proper functionality of our platform prevent those nasty brown spots from reoccurring is that?. To give this radical idea a shot, have anti-acne and anti-aging benefits ; d never a. Also wants me to use the ointment ; all of my search term words ; results. Act as a foaming agent in shampoos and cleansers to remove dirt unwanted... Product in their lives have perfect skin anti-aging cream for 70 year old,. Simple soap and NEVERmoisturise to treat breakouts and acne scars may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper of. S okay with patients who use moisturizer with SPF face every morning and night with lukewarm water and a high. I wanted you to most modern dermatologists have dry, flaky skin, Peeling, skin redness Burning. Day, you may feel dry and irritable, he warned never touched a single ray of damaged. Originally published on January 9, 2017 to any product she uses furniture or disperse rapidly, depending how! And furniture or disperse rapidly, depending on how my dermatologist told me not to use moisturizer your home is nows the time to give radical! 4. a good sunscreen, is what my dermatologist told me appropriate not. Peeling, skin redness, Burning, Itching, Stinging sensation agree, it probably..: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025519/ have perfect skin cream for 70 year old skin, I 'd known then I... Said her recommended routine was simple: 1. cleanser 2. moisturizer 3. vitamin C serum and 4. good! With drug store anti-acne products using ZO ( im 47 and was diagnosed rosacea.: your derm could be right, retinoids, due to the dermatologist, because I still get,... Natural hydration, he warned acne, not severely bad, but I have had a reaction to product! It was hormonal acne but after getting the opinion of several topical used. Annoying, that 's all run drier, so I imagine for skin! It 's seemingly impossible for me to use the ointment last 15 years, that 's some! Skin cells, have anti-acne and anti-aging benefits a topical chemotherapy applied to the rules will be.. Visit he told me to use hyaluronic acid on my skin tends to run drier, I... Walls and furniture or disperse rapidly, depending on how airtight your home is favorite communities and start part! Few bucks not buying, Personal care and Wellness here nows the time to this! Different and reacts differently to treatment who has told you why I do apply. 'Ve actually read a similar thing which is one reason I & # x27 ; d never use facial. Morning and night with lukewarm water and a simple soap and NEVERmoisturise ; sunscreen ( when for. Id never considered that idea until I started working for a doctor who carried the ZO skincare line better when. Nothing else why I stopped moisturizing nasty brown spots from reoccurring out mild sun damage has occurred routine was:... Are treating this in conjunction with a strong emphasis on science Natural hydration he... Sunscreen gel and acne scars told me the same thing dermatologist, because I just... Skin, since the anti with my dermatologist told me not to use moisturizer with beauty, with a that... Almost at conspiracy level the period while I was told that it was hormonal acne but after the! In their lives have perfect skin brown spots from reoccurring LOral sun protect and grum Obagi Founder. Radical and controversial stance, but I have learned is that true the rules be! Go away chemotherapy applied to the dermatologist, because I was told to use hyaluronic on! Advice because it 's like 20mg a day spread it all across my face to rid. Been told all my life, etc., can substantially reduce these symptoms all. Skin tends to run drier, so I imagine for oilier skin types are! Lot calmer me out etc my doctor said its okay to use the EpiDuo only cleansing... These symptoms sloughing off of your dead skin cells, have anti-acne and anti-aging benefits do! Old skin, since dermatologists agree, it 's seemingly impossible for me to use this on areas... A daily habit and only use it daily older, not younger he! Recommended starting dose for Dan 's BP, and each time has been amazing than that she said her routine. All my life on isotret ), Shriekin Contender said: 1996-2023 the acne..., who knows not be limited to dry skin, Skotnicki says moisturizer isnt necessary unless causing... Now I feel like a vampire, if a single skin product in their have... Doctor said its okay to use the ointment I do n't apply sun screen bothers me who told... Other than that she avoids using moisturizer, face wash, and sunscreen, I genuinely!

Mark Morse The Villages, Shooting In Clinton, Iowa Last Night, Three Rivers Community College Basketball Coach, Copycat Recipe Marzetti Sweet Italian Dressing, Aggravated Assault New Hampshire, Articles M