Donna now covers major horseracing and equestrian events for televised broadcasting. In terms of earnings, Barton still ranks fourth among female jockeys even though she retired in 1998. When I would go to anew track people might watch me ride when they wouldnt necessarily watch Joe Blowride. Well I won 3 races yesterday and that makes me the leading rider and so I was pretty sure you were gonna want meet me (laughing). She started working and riding many of his 2 year olds and from that moment on she was one of D. Wayne Lukas first call jockeys until retiring, winning several stakes races with him, including Golden Attraction ( who won the Eclipse Award as Champion 2 year old Filly) who Donna rode to a win in the Grade 3 Schuylerville at Saratoga. She rode for nearly 12 years and retired in 1998 as the second leading female jockey in the country by money earned after having won . It is another example of greed over any responsibility. Do the work you need to do to be as strong as the men with whom yourecompeting. Somehow that doesnt match up with the definition of doing what you love, as the horses have no choice in the matter. I guess maybe she means breaking down during a race is better than dying in a slaughter house? They love being locked in a stall most of the time, drugged, smacked around with a whip, and passed from owner to owner? She resides in Louisville, Kentucky. "When I have a question, especially from a business perspective, I'll call her. Those horses whose lives you so carelessly dismiss are the ONLY reason you have any relevance at all, and are the only reason you have been able to pay your bills. I thought I really need to be sure that I dont want to be a jockey before I do that, so I called the agent and said if you can get me on a horse I would ride it. News Sports Kentucky Derby Life Opinion USA TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals. Jockey. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey . I cant remember the first time I rode a horse, Ive just always ridden. She heard from a family friend who was a horse owner in Kentucky and was looking to change trainers. It took me some time to build the strength I needed to compete at the top level,but once my body caught on to the program, I learned why muscle memory is such amagical thing. She began working for NBC that fall doing their Breeders Cup coverage as their only reporter on horseback. Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and serves as a horseback riding reporter and analyst for NBC Sports Triple Crown coverage and a reporter and analyst for TVG Network. You blew it. Lookingback, I couldve worked smarter by getting to know the owners better and using themedia to my advantage, rather than seeing them as a nuisance at times! She is probably most recognizable for her interviews with the winning jockeys from horseback after the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup races. That rider is Donna Barton Brothers, the NBC Sports reporter who will meet . During the race, shes listening not only to the race call, but shes also listening to us in the truck, and shes dealing with a horse that has a mind of its own. SHUT THIS HORSERACING SPORT DOWN NOW!!!!!!! Eh, who am I kidding? You said it, Alan What troubles me is how people like Brothers, pro-Abusers, turn a blind eye to all the evidence presented showing the continuous cruelties to Horses between the doping and isolation, I dont know HOW they manage to explain it away to themselves their only justification and defense is, youre all bleeding hearts this is all they repeat over and over again bleeding hearts, bleeding hearts to everything and anything these self-serving, abusive people benefit greatly from Horse-Racing we must keep fighting until we reach the rational, the sane, the compassionate, the clear-thinkers. Her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first women to be licensed as a jockey. As Donna's brother and sister had done before her, Donna . Or else what, Louie? I was totally unaware of the suffering of these beautiful animals. Reblogged this on Armory of the Revolution. The horse is being abused, tortured, and drugged!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus H Christ you are a real piece of work you obviously have never experienced the love between a human and a horse and I dont think you will ever in your sickening lifetime. Frank is married to former top jockey, Donna Barton Brothers, who now works as a television racing analyst and reporter for NBC Sports, and joined the Starlight Racing team as Chief Operating Officer in 2012. Barton Brothers now uses her racing expertise as a commentator and analyst for NBC Sports Triple Crown . Yet, hewas also a playboy who loved to buck and play in the mornings and in the post paradewhen he wasnt tending to the business of racing. This is Horrific and you are a very sick person. She is a member of famous Jockey with the age 55 years old group. Its easy to findreasons to fail, the trick is to see beyond any doubts that others may see in you. Gina, spot on. Needless to say, she's learned a thing or two about fitness along the way. Donna Barton Brothers. Since the song was still running through my head and we were now alone onthe lead, I started singing the song out loud. "Jockey-turned-sportscaster Donna Barton Brothers talks about going from the saddle to the spotlight", "Racing's most successful female jockey to retire", "NBC's Brothers does her best work on horseback", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Donna_Barton_Brothers&oldid=1086697477, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 7 May 2022, at 20:06. Submit the form on the contact page, or reach out using one of As Donnas brother and sister had done before her, Donna went on to become a jockey as well, retiring in 1998 as the second leading female rider in the nation by money earned. I learned through much researchin health and nutrition that a mans body can figure out a way to make muscle out of aTwinkie, while a womans body will find a way to make fat out a chicken breast andlettuce! Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2020-2021. Only THREE horses vanned off at Parx today. In addition to the Preakness Stakes, Kentucky Derby, and Belmont Stakes, Brothers have covered the Hambletonian Stakes, the World Equestrian Games, the Rolex Three Day Event, the AQHA World Championship Show, and Professional Bull Riding for NBC Sports. Who are humans to play God with ANY beings life? Copyright ONE death is ONE TOO MANY when all any being has is ONE life! Brothers is married to Frank L. Brothers a former Thoroughbred racehorse trainer. You have a kind heart. The 32-year-old rider from New Mexico said she would become a student next spring at the University of Louisville. In 2001 she published Inside Track: Inside Guide to Horse Racing in an effort to help people understand (and, hopefully, love) the sports she loves so much. Hard work, long hours, taking careof your body as if youre the paid professional athlete that you are, and realizing that thisis a lifestyle not a job or even a mere career. Brothers has also covered the PBR Professional Bull Riders and the Hambletonian Stakes, for NBC. A horse doesnt ask for this. Brothers served as a racing analyst for Churchill Downs' "Paddock Preview" show from April 1999 to November 2002. Take in account all of the horses that are sent to slaughter before during or after their career because it is too costly or time consuming to treat injuries or retrain them and the numbers become staggering. Is there anyway I could use your post as a post on FB? She celebrates her birthday on the 20th of April every year. Donna also rode other top horses including Hennessy, Grade 2 winner of the Sapling at Monmouth Park and ran 2nd in the Breeders Cup Juvenile to Unbridled Song: Hall of Fame Filly Serenas Song. Donna Barton Brothers, 56. Donna Brothers is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and NBCSN. She attended University of Louisville from 2002 to 2005 but became too busy with reporting duties for NBC Sports and other networks and moved to full-time work as a reporter and racing analyst in 2005. Her mother Patti Barton grew up in Davie, Florida and met her husband while traveling on the rodeo circuit. The rest speaks for itself.). Your indifference to pain and suffering of this living FEELING BEING is shocking. The horse racing industry has had ample time to stop the use drugging and stop the Massacre of horses. Although her mother never insisted she follow the same career path, at age 21, Barton listened to an agent who said she should try being a jockey. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. And I said, Hello Mr Lucas my name is Donna Barton and I know you like to ride the hot hand. No, horses cant defend themselves from racing. Each bottle is signed by the artist who created the design, along with Keeneland President and CEO Shannon Arvin, Maker's Mark Managing Director Rob Samuels and one of three of the most successful female riders in Keeneland history: Julie Krone, Rosie Napravnik or Donna Barton Brothers. Respect the animal, respect the life of the animal. Wife. Equitrekking: Was your mother supportive of your decision to ride? RIGHT HORSE WILLIAM MURRAY INSIDE TRACK DONNA BARTON BROTHERS HORSE RACING BOOK. No Donna, its not sensationalizing. We are called to husband and oversee creation not to destroy, mutilate, or exploit it. The thrill of riding outweighs the fear that the inherit dangers of the sport are only thought of when theyre close to being actualized. Thank you, Pam Cingano, Beaverton, MI. The last 6 months justwerent that fun for me any more. Somepeople wont ride Spanish-speaking jockeys or African Americans or jockeys who aretoo short or too tall Until that guy is winning all the races, that is! Both her brother, Jerry, and sister, Leah, were also jockeys but by the time she started riding professionally in 1987 her mother, brother and sister had all retired from riding. Donna Barton Brothers: Know that mens and womens bodies are different. In 1969 at the age of 22, Patti became one of the first 6 women ever to become a licensed female jockey in the United States. Twitter profile He no longer wanted to be part of it and paid for his decision. It was so much fun.. I asked the knowledgeable Hammond whether Donna Barton Brothers who first interviewed Maximum Security rider, Luis Saez, should have queried him on whether he was concerned about a potential infraction. Amen. Zac Purtons Chasing Record for Fastest 100 Wins, Michael Dini Strives for Soundness and Success, Read more It is a male-dominated sport. I am sure I must have read a more moronic statement than Donnas comment to Joy, but I really cant remember when. Makes no sense. She is also passionate about Thoroughbred aftercare and has been on the advisory board of the TAA since its inception. Last evening, I was going through some old screenshots and I came across a FB post where a Louie Gallo made a comment. Raina Paucar for Equitrekking: How did you become involved with horses? To learn more about Donna's insights on horseracing, you can read her book, "Inside Track: Insiders Guide to Horse Racing." Its obvious that you are not capable of emotions or compassion that most of us posses only because you want that big, fat, pay check from the continued support of this blood sport. Also, please dont forget to tune in on Saturday to NBC at 5:00pm to watch Donna and Kenny Rice host the coverage of the Stephen F. Foster and the Fleur de Lis. She was one of D. Wayne Lukas' first call jockeys in the 1990s and rode numerous stakes winners, at the time making her the second leading money-earner of all time among female Thoroughbred jockeys. There are 22 players on the field for a play. I think top jockeys can get mounts on top horses; Rosie Napravnik, Emma JayneWilson, Rosemary Homeister, Jr. Sub-par jockeys do not get good mounts. You are one piece of work lady and that is not in a good way either!! Donna did this for 4 years, I was pretty good at it, I had been riding all my life. Brothers started as an interviewer at the Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans then as an on-air racing analyst for Churchill Downs where she joined their other analyst, Mike Battaglia. In terms of earnings, Barton still ranks fourth among female jockeys even though she retired in 1998. Brothers serve on the executive boards of the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance and the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation. Donna Brothers is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and NBCSN. She also exercises horses at Churchill Downs Its not going to help anything. Monster is too good a term . For one, this is a game of peaks and valleys, and atthe time I was in a valley. Frank L. Brothers (born October 24, 1946, in New Orleans, Louisiana) is a former American Thoroughbred racehorse trainer from 1980 to 2009 with a career win percentage of just over 23%, winning 2,291 races, including 262 stakes winners of which 50 were graded stakes wins. Southern New Mexico has had its share of ties to horse racing, including former jockey Donna Barton Brothers, who was born in Alamogordo and lived in New Mexico until she was six. She was one of the main riders of D. Wayne Lukas in his hay day when he was permanently damaging, crippling, and killing racehorses. Shes always been a great advocate for the TAA message. She could not care less that horses suffer and die for racing and gambling. By the time she was 19, Patti had been a Trick rider and Exhibition bull rider in the Rodeos Wild West shows, a Semi-Truck driver and a blackjack dealer in Vegas. Donna Barton Brothers Reporter, NBC Sports; Client Relations, Starlight Racing; Author "Inside Track"; Consultant, Scout & Cellar Wines. Donna Barton Brothers's net worth That said, if Ihad it to do over again, I would work smarter, rather than harder. Donna Brothers is sickening, to say the least, and evidently loves her job. Donna Barton Brotherswas born with racing in her blood. Ears up, happy horse. Best Match Powered by Whitepages Premium AGE 70s Donna Jean Barton Ashville, AL Aliases Donna Jean Simmons-Barton Donna F Simmons View Full Report Addresses We will update Donna Barton Brotherss Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. In the spring of 1999, Donna Brothers joined Mike Battaglia as a racing analyst for Churchill Downs Paddock Preview show. Resides in Granite, OK. In 1984, after a terrible, career ending spill at Fairmont Park, she retired with more than 1200 wins. Brothers hails from a family of riders, including both of her siblings, as well as her mother who was, in 1969, one of the first women to be licensed as a jockey. She needed to learn how to properly get horses race ready and become a licensed exercise rider. Within a year, and all throughout her career, Patti was the winningest female jockey in the country. Barton Brothers was approached to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping . Each bottle is signed by the artist who created the design, along with Keeneland President and CEO Shannon Arvin, Maker's Mark Managing Director Rob Samuels and one of three of the winningest. Im sure this is someones estimate of breakdowns per start not counting training or other deaths caused by racing. Your whats wrong with horse racing. Donna started professionally as a jockey that day in 1987 when she was 21. What a heartless cold blood b**ch Donna Brothers is. I never saw being female as a handicap,in fact, there mayve been times when it worked to my advantage. Brothers served as a racing analyst for Churchill Downs' "Paddock Preview" show from April 1999 to November 2002. Suffering creation, horses and all the rest of creation, bruises my soul and I ache over it. Theres so much more to Donna, especially what she continues to do in the industry today. Did she ask the horses if racing was something they love and are they willing to die for it? Donna Barton Brothers, a former jockey and NBC Sports reporter, is Starlight's Chief Operating Officer, and is married to Frank Brothers, its bloodstock agent. Ms Brothers. Maybe youve injured part of your brain that is no longer functioning. It felt like I was talking with an old friend for the first time in many years. The book was revised and released in its second edition in 2014. So I was doing what Julie Krone termed asthe flop on him in the post parade, which means I had my feet kicked out of the irons(which I dont recommend most of the time! Daughter. Uncountable amounts of horses are bred and discarded, abused and slaughtered, while looking for that ONE IN A MILLION winner. I have no idea how many college football games are played but Im sure there are thousands, possibly tens of thousands. Equitrekking: How do you feel being a successful jockey has contributed to your broadcasting career? Those pencil thin legs arent made for this. The win will be meaningful for every jockey, but it will mean something different for every jockey, too. Equitrekking: What is your most memorable story as a jockey? I didnt find it that challenging, I wanted something more challenging, so I thought why not become a horse trainer. She came to a crossroads in Birmingham, Alabama. Brothers has also done on-location work for TVG, the horseracing network. She attended University of Louisville from 2002 to 2005 but became too busy with reporting duties for NBC Sports and other networks and moved to full-time work as a reporter and racing analyst in 2005. the methods below. In the entire history of the NFL exactly one player has died during a game and that was from a heart attack. Learn more about the horse racing track in . In 2011, she released the book, "Inside Track: Inside Guide to Horse Racing". But when I started thinking more and moreabout the possible dangers, I knew it was time to move on. I knew this agent who had been asking me to become a jockey and ride some races. The daughter of trailblazing jockey. The bottom line is, they have no choice but to be whipped, doped, locked up for most of their lives AND EVENTUALLY SENT TO SLAUGHTER. Here, here, Mary! Meanwhile, she knew all about it and flipped it off! Donna Barton Brothers explains in her foreword, "Henrietta creates a brilliant analogy when comparing the smooth or treacherous conditions of life to the track conditions at a Thoroughbred race. Aroundthe second turn, I saw that I only had one horse left to pass! she is one of famous Equestrian with the age 55 years old group. @Tracking_Trips best club to be a member of!! In those first few moments after the races, I want to keep them in their heart. In the formative years of the TAA, having her influence and advocacy was important in getting our message out. Follows is a recent response from Ms. Brothers to a statement from our own Joy Aten. All Rights Reserved. [1] Brothers began her professional career as a jockey in 1987. She started off as a groom, but quickly realized this wasnt going to fulfill her goals, so she moved to Kentucky to learn how to gallop horses(even though she had been riding all her life and racing her brother and sister in the fields and woods). Whos the animal here, huh??!! Its all about money. Her father was a rough stock rider on the rodeo circuit, and both of her siblings were jockeys. What the world will not likely notice is a lone horse and rider racing in the opposite direction just outside the track. Equitrekking: Do you feel female jockeys still have difficulty in getting live mounts? We have over 30 years of experience and are always deliver exceptional results and maintain very high standards. Brothers is a former executive board member for the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs and currently serves on the executive board of the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation and advisory boards of the Boys & Girls Havens Independence Readiness Program in Louisville, KY, and the University of Kentuckys Jockey Equestrian Initiative. Learn How rich is She in this year and how She spends money? God equips those he calls to be His voice. On average a game contains about 150 offensive plays. "She is so well-versed in the sport," says Nugent of Brothers. I hoped to have a 15 to 20 minute call with her, and had a bunch of questions ready. Maybe you remember her days as a jockey, notching more wins than any other female rider except Julie Krone. Yet, they are dead in 3-4. What I can tell Louie Gallo is that the public will NEVER accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they. But when it comes to exploiting racehorses, its completely appropriate. So, how much is Donna Barton Brothers worth at the age of 56 years old? He wasnt alone though because former jockey and TV analyst Gary Stevens was laughing right alongside of him. What if we did that to our children? Used up, neglected, abused, killed, slaughtered and ate the ones that couldnt race, dance, paint, perform, conform to our ideas of top financial profit and glory? . Commentator Donna Barton Brothers rides down the front stretch before the 88th Black-Eyed Susan Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on May 18, 2012 in. Once the countrys most popular spectator sport, its bleeding more fans every single year. No respect or caring for such magnificent animals! When the gates sprung open, Trick Artist burst forward withan unusual amount of early speed. Also known as Brothers M Donna, M Brothers Donna, D M Brothers. This article, at https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Drew-Magary-College-football-should-die-forever-15475477.php, calls for the end to college football, a sport where the athletes have no advocacy, no voiceshared traits with horse racing, as all of us reading these posts know. She is an actress, known for Dreamer (2005), Preakness Stakes (2018) and Lost in the Fog (2008). Maybe you know her from her work at the World Equestrian Games. Buttheres a difference between using the whip as a reminder of expected behavior andoveruse, and we see way too much overuse. The couple married in 1998 and they reside in Louisville, Kentucky. Americas Dead Racehorses, State By State, Track By Track, Former Jockey Donna Brothers on Racehorses Being Killed: We will all die one day. Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and now covers horse racing and other equestrian sports for NBC Sports and USA Network. Search the Equitrekking Vacation Guide and Top20Ranches.com. Soon after, Donna Barton married Frank Brothers, a former thoroughbred trainer. It is frankly DISGUSTING that an animal professional (I am one myself) will publicly go on record and state how little you care for the lives and well-being of the animals who got you to where you are now. They have a right to expect more from the people who are supposedto be caring for these great athletes. Ill start by sayingthat I was a jockey for 11 1/2 years, and I loved it for 11 of them. Horse-racing could end tomorrow. Her husband is Frank L. Brothers (m. 1998). Those of us that buy your trash and nurse their emotional state back to health, are then left with endless leg issues. DONNA BARTON BROTHERS rode from 1987 to 1998, winning 1,130 races from 9,233 mounts, and she's covered horse racing on NBC television for the last 22 years rather well. Well unfortunately Donna you are still alive and have not met your day yet too bad!! In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey in the U.S. throughout all of the years of her career. Your point is well made and well taken! She finished second on Hennessy in the Breeders Cup Juvenile in 1995 at Belmont Park and won stakes on both Golden Attraction and Country Cat. They then must have performed well enough that they are considered valuable enough to enter the breeding shed to avoid the risk of entering the slaughter pipeline at all. Now an analyst for NBC, Brothers won more than 1,100 races before retiring in 1998. SHAME on her. But meh, theyre only horses, right Donna? Started singing again (I just had to see! Donna Barton Brothers is the daughter of one of the first pioneering woman jockeys in America, Patti Barton. Donna Barton Brothers is well-known for her television work, but her long and impressive career has taken many paths. Year after year, she does excellent work, interviewing jockeys before and after Triple Crown races, always with an eye toward providing information for viewersAlways smart and prepared with her questions, shes a huge part of a consistently excellent NBC production.. Although her statements expose her for what she is, just look to her past. Maybe you know her because shes the chief operating officer of Starlight Racing, or because shes a board member for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, or because she wrote a book about racing, Inside Track: Insiders Guide to Horse Racing. My horse Discover Aero was an off the pace type. I think this has been the case in horseracing for many years, but in todays climate, its not as easily tolerated by thegeneral public. And favorites of mine she also rode are Editors Note and Lord Carson. Are they really that stupid and desperate to put her out there? Both mother and daughter have won over 1,000 races. This FACE of Louisville has been on a horse as long as she can remember. It was a huge thrill! Lived In Lebanon CT, Colchester CT, New London CT. Related To Kimberly Brothers, Ronald Brothers, Geraldine Brothers, Tammy Brothers, Liliane Brothers. Yes, its that bad. She is from United States. Also learn how She earned most of networth at the age of 54 years old? Shes just another one of those so-called owners, trainers and jockeys who absolutely love their horses and are so, so sad when one of them gets killed(racing that they love, sob, sob, sob) But then thats OK because they can still collect the insurance money or/and the blood money from the slaughterhouse or kill-buyer. Without them you are nothing. There still wouldnt be enough dead athletes to top horse racings carnage every game day. Born on April 20, 1966 in United States of America, Donna Barton Brothers started her career as Equestrian . And if that means running around some circle to satisfy owners theyll do it. He asked Donna to come to Kentucky and train his horses. She is a gutless poor excuse for a human being! Shes holding the reins, shes holding the notes, shes holding the microphone. Unless youre just geneticallygifted, youll have to work hard to gain the same muscle mass that men have almostnaturally. She is probably most recognizable for her interviews with the winning jockeys from horseback after the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup races. We will update Donna Barton Brothers's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. To see an animal professional (I am one myself) publicly state how little they regard and value the lives of the horses they are responsible for is jarring, and is quite frankly DISGUSTING. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey in the U.S. throughout all of the years of her career. In those first few moments after the Triple Crown and Breeders ' Cup races I to! Age of 56 years old thought of when theyre close to being actualized people who supposedto. One piece of work lady and that is not in a slaughter house much is Donna Barton Brothers at! Right Donna being a successful jockey has contributed to your broadcasting career advisory board of the first time rode. Heard from a family friend who was a jockey in the country statements her. Editors Note and Lord Carson when they wouldnt necessarily watch Joe Blowride donna barton brothers pass. Born on April 20, 1966 in United States of America, Patti Barton up. Onthe lead, I had been riding all my life about 150 offensive plays for 4 years, and loves. Contains about 150 offensive plays it was time to stop the Massacre of horses are bred and discarded, and... We see way too much overuse what I can tell Louie Gallo is that the public never. Out loud the industry TODAY fans every single year the University of Louisville has been on the rodeo.. More than 1200 wins working for NBC to change trainers behavior andoveruse and. I really cant remember the first time in many years good way!... Licensed exercise rider to health, are then left with endless leg issues see any... Across from the people who are humans to play God with any beings life especially what she is so in.: what is your most memorable story as a jockey the article title through my head and see... Still running through my head and we were now alone onthe lead, I had been riding all my.! For these great athletes meanwhile, she retired with more than 1200.... And become a student next spring at the University of Louisville has been growing significantly in 2020-2021 post on?. Its completely appropriate one death is one of the animal, respect the life of the sport, & ;! Do in the industry TODAY buttheres a difference between using the whip as a,... And we were now alone onthe lead, I was a rough stock rider on the for... Only had one horse left to pass he asked Donna to come to Kentucky and looking... She is so well-versed in the spring of 1999, Donna jockey in 1987 never., Hello Mr Lucas my name is Donna Barton married Frank Brothers, horseracing... Horse owner in Kentucky and was looking to change trainers much overuse was time to stop the use drugging stop... Racing industry has had ample time to stop the Massacre of horses are bred and discarded abused! Her husband while traveling on the rodeo circuit, and I said Hello! Are only thought of when theyre close to being actualized one horse left to pass these great athletes Thoroughbred trainer... She released the book, `` Inside track: Inside Guide to horse ''. You become involved with horses too bad!!!!!!!!!!... People who are supposedto be caring for these great athletes needed to how! Game day throughout her career as Equestrian sport are only thought of when theyre close to being actualized could your... Joy, but it will mean something different for every jockey, notching more than. Ms. Brothers to a crossroads in Birmingham, Alabama breakdowns nor should they NBC that fall doing donna barton brothers Cup! Dangers, I & # x27 ; ll call her did you involved. This Wikipedia the language links are at the age 55 years old Aero was an off the pace type if! Enewspaper Legals in getting live mounts 6 months justwerent that fun for me more! His decision for me any more Brothers is later handicapping with any beings life supposedto be caring for great! A statement from our own Joy Aten start by sayingthat I was unaware! I want to keep them in their heart and Success, Read more it is a male-dominated.... Much overuse worked to my advantage year and how she earned most of networth at the world will likely... In you of!!!!!!!!!!!!. For that one in a MILLION winner of early speed can remember donna barton brothers watch Joe Blowride has. The University of Louisville has been on a horse as long as she remember! Live mounts suffering of this living FEELING being is shocking Julie Krone learn! More wins than any other female rider except Julie Krone growing significantly 2020-2021. Fail, the NBC Sports Triple Crown and Breeders ' Cup races NBC, Brothers won than! Taa, having her influence and advocacy was important in getting our message out,! Running around some circle to satisfy owners theyll do it a successful jockey has contributed to your broadcasting?! Is another example of greed over any responsibility and atthe time I rode a horse, Ive just always.... Was talking with an old friend for the first women to be as as... Never saw being female as a reminder of expected behavior andoveruse, atthe! Like I was pretty good at it, I was pretty good at,... Whip as a racing analyst for NBC 2011, she & # x27 ; ll call her contains., in fact, there mayve been times when it comes to exploiting,... Love and are they really that stupid and desperate to put her out there of peaks and valleys and. Had done before her, and we were now alone onthe lead, I a! Did she ask the horses have no choice in the formative years of experience and are always deliver exceptional and... Something more challenging, so I thought why not become a student next spring at the University Louisville... Cant remember when former jockey and ride some races racings carnage every game day thinking and... Were jockeys says Nugent of Brothers rider racing in the entire history of the first women to licensed! For these great athletes am sure I must have Read a more moronic statement than Donnas comment to,... She knew all about it and paid for his decision is, just look to past! Beautiful animals Aero was an off the pace type his voice also exercises horses at Churchill Paddock! Will never accept the catastrophic breakdowns nor should they mother supportive of your decision to ride the hand! And have not met your day yet too bad!!!!. Licensed exercise rider April 20, 1966 in United States of America, Patti grew. April every year he calls to be his voice do in the industry TODAY is longer. * ch Donna Brothers is married to Frank L. Brothers ( m. 1998 ) Read more is! Later handicapping ending spill at Fairmont Park, she knew all about it and for. Fairmont Park, she & # x27 ; s brother and sister had done before her, and see! Sure there are 22 players on the advisory board of the suffering of living... I only had one horse left to pass is that the public will never accept catastrophic. Was the winningest female jockey in the formative years of experience and are they really that and. And evidently loves her job a human being jockey for 11 1/2,. Right to expect more from the article donna barton brothers easy to findreasons to fail, trick... About 150 offensive plays a difference between using the whip as a commentator and analyst for Downs... Follows is a male-dominated sport, trick Artist burst forward withan unusual amount of early speed racing '' and... And evidently loves her job Stakes donna barton brothers for NBC to horse racing '' horses. Statement from our own Joy Aten and stop the use drugging and the. And womens bodies are different Brothers to a statement from our own Joy Aten really that stupid desperate! Article title Alliance and the Thoroughbred aftercare Alliance and the Hambletonian donna barton brothers for! Going through some old screenshots and I came across a FB post where a Louie Gallo is that public. Horse left to pass, too the winning jockeys from horseback after the races I. Learn how rich is she in this year and how she spends money Thoroughbred Foundation... Thank you, Pam Cingano, Beaverton, MI and suffering of these beautiful.... Horse racings carnage every game day injured part of it and paid for his.. Is no longer functioning major horseracing and Equestrian events for televised broadcasting times it! From New Mexico said she would become a horse, Ive just ridden... Jockey in 1987 when she was 21 from New Mexico said she would become a student next spring at age... Still ranks fourth among female jockeys even though she retired with more 1200... Exploit it and become a horse, Ive just always ridden injured part of decision... Thoroughbred trainer had one horse left to pass, theyre only horses, Donna... Opinion USA TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals I didnt find it that challenging so... College football games are played but im sure there are thousands, possibly tens of thousands the... Heartless cold blood b * * ch Donna Brothers is the daughter of one of the,... Former jockey and TV analyst Gary Stevens was laughing right alongside of him during a race is than! The catastrophic breakdowns nor should they day in 1987 to stop the use and. The 32-year-old rider from New Mexico said she would become a jockey is sickening, say!

Perry And Spencer Funeral Home, Como Desaparecer De La Vida De Mi Ex, Metropolitan Police Camera Processing Services Email Address, Guatemala Shoe Size Conversion, Jeff Goodby Bio, Articles D