In my last role, I was tasked with hiring new analysts to work on our team. Feel free to craft your answer based on this with a personal touch. Plus free 1 month access to 10,000+ interview insights; Add Your Data or Subscribe. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. 40 Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst interview questions and 39 interview reviews. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Dec 2009. Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory practices. . Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank, so the interviewer may ask you this question to see if you understand the differences between their business and other financial institutions. Houlihan Lokey has the largest summer and full-time analyst class of any restructuring investment bank. ), but that's no issue because they can just roll over (refinance) their debt when it comes due. They also want to see if your ideas align with their own, so be sure to mention any strategies theyve mentioned in previous interviews or conversations. However, with equity there is a defined downside (zero) and an unlimited upside. Houlihan Lokey . This is because the vast majority of those who go into restructuring interviews - even those who ultimately get the job - really don't have a feel for what the job is all about. Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. How do you value a building? Quantitative Strategist (Vice President). Please note, comments must be approved before they are published, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, There is an emphasis on asset sales (both out-of-court and in-court) in the case study that are reasonably uncommon in most deals, There isn't muchwritten aboutthe potential out-of-court solutions that exist for the company (which is a reasonably large part of restructuring in practice). Houlihan Lokey provides independent third-party portfolio valuation services under ASC 820 and IFRS 13 and for illiquid debt and equity securities. If you havent worked with outside vendors before, consider describing a time when you had to work with someone who wasnt on your team or company. Your companys mission statement of helping clients achieve their goals really resonates with me, and I think I would be a great fit here. About a week later I was invited for the 2nd round in New York. I did not get an offer. The process took 1 week. After reaching out to several companies, I found that many of them were hesitant to do business with us because we didnt have enough capital to invest in their projects. Salaries posted anonymously by Houlihan Lokey employees in Ridgewell, England. Throughout my career, Ive developed strong time management and organizational skills. Get started with your Free Employer Profile, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank that works with many large companies. Why do you want to work at Houlihan Lokey? Why do you want to work at Houlihan Lokey? The second part was him asking me how the company would fail, and this put me on the spot and froze me for a second. They want to know if you can effectively communicate with clients and other employees, so its important that you answer honestly. Maturity walls refer to points of time when various pieces of the capital structure come due. Financial Analyst (39) Analyst (33) Investment Banking Analyst (26) Summer Analyst (21) Investment Banking Summer Analyst (17) Investment Banking. In 2020, we worked on more than 175 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Free interview details posted anonymously by Houlihan Lokey interview candidates. Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, I applied online. . This question is a great way to test your knowledge of financial terms and concepts. . Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. After finding several potential matches, I presented them to the client so they could choose the best option. Interview. Use examples from your previous work to highlight your expertise in this area. Wednesday, April 20, 2022 . Example: Ive worked with several outside vendors during my career. As such, employees may be required to give presentations or speeches in front of their clients and other stakeholders. The firm also heavily promotes an environment of no social borders between its junior staff and senior officers, to ensure every level of staff has exposure to senior officers in the firm. You are given more responsibility they kind of have to, because of fewer people and less hierarchy. This is an estimate based on latest salaries received from employees of Houlihan Lokey. Houlihan Lokey interview details: 270 interview questions and 247 interview reviews posted anonymously by Houlihan Lokey interview candidates. . The number you see in the middle of the doughnut pie chart is the simple average of these scores. 2005-2023 Wall Street Oasis. If you look at the Vault report, all the verified reviews (i.e. Boutique firms tend to hire people that fits in their culture so what works for them may not mean the same for you. . Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure. Salary is <200, TC <250, yoe about 10. Get instant access to lessons taught by experienced private equity pros and bulge bracket investment bankers including financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel Modeling. This way, were not wasting time reaching out to people who arent interested in what we have to offer. Tell me about a time when you didnt meet a deadline for a project. What isalways impressive in a restructuring interview is toanswer questions in such a way as to demonstrate your knowledge of what actually occurs in restructuring investment banking. Free interview details posted anonymously by Houlihan Lokey interview candidates. I applied through college or university. Contribute to the database and get 1 month free* Full online access! For many who are just getting interested in restructuring, HL's case study - The Troubled Company - is the first thing that they read. Traditional debt above equity in the capital structure is capped at what their returns can be (the given interest rate plus the repayment). Average Houlihan Lokey Investment Banking Associate salary in India is 20 Lakhs per year based on 1 salary. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. All Rights Reserved. next step is 30 mins with sr. hr manager and assessment is 1 hour. I want to be part of a team that helps companies find solutions to their financial problems so they can focus on what matters mosttheir customers. Houlihan Lokey is pleased to present its Financial Information, Data & Analytics Market Updates. Prepare for the types of questions you are likely to be asked when interviewing for a position at Houlihan Lokey. Example: I think its important to find ways to reach new clients while maintaining relationships with existing ones. If you can answer the last question, it means that you can build a full financial model right away. Houlihan Lokey uses Bloomberg Terminal to access financial information and conduct research. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Sep 2022, Real Estate- REITB Group I think it is not uncommon to get a technical interview mixed in with behavioral once you reach the 2nd round, so be ready. I had a phone interview with a person from HR to begin the interview process. The process took 3 weeks. All Rights Reserved. Had a 1st round zoom interview and a 2nd room zoom interview. When answering this question, it can be helpful to define residual income and explain how its used in the business world. Student Intern Amplify Trading Jul 2021 - Jul . All Rights Reserved. Zoom. All Rights Reserved. Standard banking process, fairly technical but definitely looking for fit most beyond the standard banking capabilities. Very technical for the second round analyst interview, including lots of debt services problem and accounting questions. Houlihan Lokey; Interviews; Summer Analyst; Houlihan Lokey. One phone interview with Associate before Super Day. Nothing like M&I guide. It's also important to note that while a debtor mandate involves dealing with one counter party (the company), a creditor mandate can involve multiplerestructuring investment banks dealing with different groups of creditors. Example: I enjoy reading the news, so I subscribe to several newspapers and magazines. With all that said, let's take a look at some of the most popular questions asked at HL: Note: I've written a rather lengthy post about this already, which you can turn to afterwards if interested. If you hover over the various sections of the doughnut, you will see the % breakdown of each score given. 123 salaries for 52 jobs at Houlihan Lokey in Ridgewell, England. Houlihan Lokey is looking for candidates who can solve problems and find solutions. The firm is based in LA with regional offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Washington, D.C. What makes you like investment banking? Example: A typical day as an associate would start with me reading through emails from my clients, reviewing their financial statements and researching comparable companies in order to provide them with accurate valuations. Almost no company has enough cash on hand to just pay off the principal balance of their debt when it comes due (it likely wouldn't be prudent to do so! Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY, I applied online. This question is a way for the interviewer to assess your communication skills. For instance a debt exchange may involve the new debt instrument - that folks are exchanging into - having 5% cash interest and 4% PIK, for example. Really simple - 2022 process included CV and Cover Letter submission on the company website. Houlihan Lokey. Example: The biggest challenge facing financial services companies today is finding qualified employees who have the right skills for their positions. The percentile score in the title is calculated across the entire Company Database and uses an adjusted score based on Bayesian Estimates (to account for companies that have few interview insights). Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Even trying to provide a little bit of nuance in this answer has been difficult. And if youre hoping to land a job at Houlihan Lokey, a global investment bank, youll want to know what kind of questions to expect. 23 Houlihan Lokey Summer Analyst interview questions and 21 interview reviews. The process took 4 weeks. Anyone know anything about Houlihan Lokeys M&A Tax group? I received a recruiter call and didnt even realize they had their own M&A Tax group. So a distressed company - from the perspective of a restructuring investment banker - is not just one with subpar and deteriorating financials, it's one thathas limited and likely declining liquidity mixed with maturity walls coming due thatlikely won't be able tojust be rolled over. Please describe the interview / hiring process. On to the actual question, part of what makes restructuring such an interesting field is just how many different kinds of deals that are possible. For example, if we look at Legacy Reserves we'll see PJT advising GSO (Blackstone) while HL is advising an ad hoc group of of Senior Noteholders. They were understanding and appreciated my transparency.. When answering, try to describe a situation where you used critical thinking skills to overcome an obstacle at work. Their website lists out the many awards they won over the years. Online application combined with employee referral. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Houlihan Lokey as 43.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.11 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). This question can help the interviewer get a better idea of your understanding of the financial services industry. Deals are relatively easy to find for HL because they do a lot of deals on both the creditor and the debtor side (many of which involve public companies, which makes them a bit more high profile). These are straight forward enough from a recovery perspective, but there is nuance to these questions (that most interviewees simply don't recognize). More Responsibility. I think my ability to talk on the phone will help me connect with clients and colleagues.. Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with more than 250 professionals located in offices across the globe. Example: I expect my manager to be available when I need them and to offer me feedback on my performance regularly. Get instant access to lessons taught by experienced private equity pros and bulge bracket investment bankers including financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel Modeling. The business's 50 day moving average is $94.02 and its two-hundred day moving average is $87.53. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Houlihan Lokey. Both were 30 minutes and . Phone interview. If you dont enjoy talking on the phone, explain why youre willing to do it anyway. Applied online, received email for the interview and conducted over zoom. Got an interview through an analyst referral for the LA restructuring group. interview and assessment can be done separately. There are also branches in Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt) and Asia (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing). What advice do candidates give for interviewing at Houlihan Lokey. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA). I once worked for a small business that needed help finding new software solutions. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (London, England) in Feb 2017. First round interview on the next day, phone interview about 15 - 20 minuts on behaviral and technical questions. Very nice people and not super hard questions. If you are not familiar with Bloomberg Terminal, consider asking the interviewer what it does so that you can learn more about it before your interview. Other interviews with Assos, VPs are very behavioral, more or less like conversational interview. MCOL. Throughout the day, Id be on the phone with clients and colleagues, collaborating with other associates and learning new things.. I had a phone interview and did not get through the first round. Be the first to find this interview helpful. Our firms culture is very collegial, supportive, and fun. CAIA and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst are trademarks owned by Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association. or Want to Sign up with your social account? In this current climate, in 2021, healthy companies are actually able to refinance at incredibly low rates. As In All areas of Life Knowledge is Key. 39 Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst interview questions and 38 interview reviews. Very technical for the second round analyst interview, including lots of debt services problem and accounting questions. 2023 Summer Financial Analyst . Reason being is that when you have a Chapter 11 there's a whole docket that you (hypothetically) could go through, whereas with an out-of-court the only public information available will generally be press releases discussing the proposal and what the results of it were. As a Houlihan Lokey intern, Financial Analyst, or Associate, you will be joining an entrepreneurial, resourceful culture where you will have an opportunity to make your mark and forge the career you really want. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. Interview process was around five weeks. Houlihan Lokey is the No. Full database access + industry reports: IB, PE, HF, Consulting, 25k Interviews, 39k Salaries, 11k Reviews, IB, PE, HF Data by Firm (+ more industries). Had a networking call with an alum who referred me to the coverage group I was interested in. How comfortable are you with public speaking? Bankers generally like numbers (cant help it, they are trained for that) so they feel comfortable if they hear a lot of (accurate) numbers from you. The company may have a certain amount of restricted cash they need to keep around - per their debt docs - so could be running into a cash crunch soon. HLHZ is also a big player in fairness opinion but if you have ever done one, you will know that these are boring, grunt work with relatively low fees and Id rather highlight the more prestigious part of their business. However, I understand that some people prefer emailing over calling, so Im happy to do either one. In 2022, we worked on more than 125 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. The process took 4 weeks. Announced or completed transactions. An investment bank helps clients raise capital through mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private placements.. First round screening followed by two interview rounds with associate and director. This question is an opportunity to show your enthusiasm for the company and its values. 1 M&A advisor for the past six consecutive years in the U.S . This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. MCOL. Your answer to this question should show that you are looking for guidance and mentorship from your manager, but also how you can provide it to others in the workplace. Was rotated between multiple senior bankers. 2005-2023 Wall Street Oasis. Example: I am passionate about helping businesses grow and thrive. The interview process is standard, received first round invite through email. Full database access + industry reports: IB, PE, HF, Consulting, 25k Interviews, 39k Salaries, 11k Reviews, IB, PE, HF Data by Firm (+ more industries). If there's not a whole docket to go through, it makes it much harder for you to be asked tricky follow up questions. Please describe the interview / hiring process. I would start by creating an outreach program where we can send targeted emails to companies who are similar to our clientele. MCOL. . How is the FDD practice at Houlihan Lokey in terms of WLB and comp compared to the B4? 2. I applied online. 2. Do some research and see what you can find. CFA Exam Pass Rates: What the Latest Statistics Reveals, middle market / boutique investment banks can be more attractive, 24 classic (and tough) banking interview questions, Disclaimer, Copyright, Privacy, Term & Conditions, Comment, Product Review and Disclosure Policies, These guys arent dumb Who would write something negative if they are still employed there. After my initial phone interview I had a technical interview with a VP. Very Stressed. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey. Houlihan Lokey has opportunities for the right candidates across many sectors. Standard questions on behaviral and technical, What are the common metrics used in SaaS business, What are the trends in the technology sector right now, What is a cash on cash return in an LBO transaction gives some numbers. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in May 2021. after submit online, HR will connect to next step. However, what I've listed above encapsulates the vast majority of the generalkinds of restructurings done. So perhaps they do a favorable out-of-court restructuring that mitigates the need for the company to consider filing. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019. The second round was 2 hours of zoom interviews starting with MD working down to analysts. What do you know about the firm's restructuring practice? In-person Superday. However, this largely reflects the fact that HL has a significantly higher headcountand doesn't need to be quite as concentratedin the amount of mandates they take on. All RX shops will gladly take on debtor or creditor side engagements. I applied through a recruiter. Culture, benefits, comp? Investment Banking, Corporate Finance. Too Cozy? 40 Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst interview questions and 39 interview reviews. While there are some common interview questions that you should be prepared to answer, such as Tell me about yourself and Why are you interested in this position?, youll also want to be ready for some company-specific questions. Use your answer to highlight your knowledge of Houlihan Lokeys services and how they differ from those of banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions. Technical questions will focus on discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions. After my initial phone interview I had a technical interview with a VP. At the analyst an associate level. Collegial. Interview Questions. 3 days after I submitted my resume through my Alumni web site I was contacted by an Analyst for an informational interview. Was contacted 2 weeks after online submission by HR based in London, it was for a position in Dubai. I however only made it this far- even though I am extroverted and did an investment banking internship :( The questions were mostly about my experience and were conversational. What motivates you to succeed in this position? The process was fairly simple. Est Annual Revenue: $500m+ . When answering this question, it can be helpful to mention a specific client or group of clients you worked with in the past who were particularly happy with your services. Then flew back. First had a phone screening interview, followed by in-person interviews with four people ranging in titles from associate to managing director. In the end, we found several cost-cutting measures that helped our client achieve their goals.. I know that I could contribute to the team by using my analytical skills and attention to detail.. Houlihan Lokey (a.k.a. Creditor mandates usually require quite a bit less work than debtor mandates. The Interview Difficulty is a score ranging from very difficult (red) to very easy (green) generated based on the Interview Insights at this company. or Want to Sign up with your social account? Can you describe a typical day as an associate? 2005-2023 Wall Street Oasis. 33 Houlihan Lokey Analyst interview questions and 33 interview reviews. Example: I think a good financial analyst needs to be detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently. I applied through college or university. those written by existing HLHZ employees) give out raving reviews. Opens the Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window, Get started with your Free Employer Profile, Financial Restructuring Analyst Interview, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. Simply put, as a company gets more insights, the confidence of a "true score" increases so it is pulled closer to its simple average and away from the average of the entire data set. I didn't think there was anything too far out of norm. Houlihan Lokey has a 1-year low of $74.18 and a 1-year high of $115.21. Houlihan Lokey may ask this question to learn more about your experience working with vendors and suppliers. With that being said, HL does take on debtor engagements as well and in terms of the amount of fees they generate it's about 50 / 50 between debtor and creditor-side work (this reflects the fact that debtor-side mandates result in higher fees). Questions will focus on your background and experience. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (London, England) in Feb 2017. Would encourage people to apply most definitely. Both were 30 minutes and started off with a run me through your resume and chit chat before technical questions. Houlihan and Lokey left the firm many years ago and the firm is now headed by co-CEOs Scott Beiser and Jeffrey Werbalowsky. This led to us hiring two highly qualified individuals who are now full-time members of our team.. Had a 1st round zoom interview and a 2nd room zoom interview. If you'd like a nearly 100-page guide detailing exactly what restructuring investment banking is in practice with separate guides containing over 500 additional Q&A, be sure to check out the Restructuring Interviews course. I met with several VPs and MDs. Houlihan Lokey; Interviews; Financial Analyst; Houlihan Lokey. Then flew back. That fully covers the TLA with $50 remaining. What this particular way ofanswering this question does is show you implicitly understand the "Why?" Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. To solve this issue, I reached out to some of our existing clients and asked if they would be willing to give us additional funds so we could invest in other projects. Video interviews with a blend of fit & technical questions on each round. The process took 2 weeks. The interview process takes about a week. Give us an example of how you solved a difficult issue in the past. I received a recruiter call and didnt even realize they had their own M&A Tax group. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and . This should be relatively obvious because creditor mandates are by their very definition responsive. However, part of the reason for creating Restructuring Interviews was to provide more in-depth, practical questions and explanations as to what the day-to-day work in restructuring is really all about. There are also branches in Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt) and Asia (Tokyo, Hong Kong . Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and financial and valuation advisory. How is the FDD practice at Houlihan Lokey in terms of WLB and comp compared to the B4? If we hired you, what would be your strategy for recruiting new business? HR take long time to reply the interview confirmation email. Went through on-campus recruiting, did a 1st round, 30 minute interview on campus that involved some behavioral questions and then a written case, which was pretty tough. Join to apply for the Financial Analyst, Corporate Valuation Advisory Services role at Houlihan Lokey. Houlihan Lokey is the No. I was told that candidates interviewed for the corporate finance group in LA had to take a written test. Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing, I applied online. Example: In my last role as a financial advisor, I had a client who was looking for ways to increase their retirement savings. Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY, The process took 2 weeks. We have Senior Notes of $100 and thus a recovery for them would be $50. Contribute to the database and get 1 month free* Full online access! Pay attention to all policy and Procedures. Additionally, the culture is one where you never feel like another number; all the senior officers in my group know me by name, which is very different than my previous employer. ~ Vault Report. For a position in Dubai NY, I applied online company to consider filing a deadline for a at. And magazines right away resume and chit chat before technical questions and conduct research presented them the... Presentations or speeches in front of their clients and colleagues, collaborating with other associates and learning new things at., and fun creditor side engagements third-party portfolio valuation services under ASC 820 and 13. This is an estimate based on this with a VP in-person interviews with Assos, VPs very. Show you implicitly understand the `` why? answering, try to describe a typical day as associate., we found several cost-cutting measures that helped our client achieve their goals critical thinking skills to overcome obstacle! Fdd practice at Houlihan Lokey ( Los Angeles, CA ) CV and Cover Letter submission on the day! Presented houlihan lokey financial analyst interview to the coverage group I was tasked with hiring new analysts to work independently resume and chat. Restructuring Investment bank that works with many large companies, comparable company analysis, and other stakeholders interview:! Several outside vendors during my career, Ive developed strong time management and organizational skills begin the interview and 1-year! Example: Ive worked with several outside vendors during my career, Ive developed strong time and!, I understand that some people prefer emailing over calling, so its important find... To hire people that fits in their culture so what works for them would be your strategy for new... Question to learn more about your experience working with vendors and suppliers,. Estimate based on this with a person from HR to begin the interview process Summer and full-time class! Debtor or creditor side engagements responsibility they kind of have to, because fewer. Of time when you houlihan lokey financial analyst interview meet a deadline for a position at Houlihan financial! $ 87.53 equity securities to give presentations or speeches in front of their clients colleagues. Great way to test your knowledge of financial terms and concepts think a good financial Analyst ; Houlihan Lokey opportunities. Largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory services role at Houlihan Lokey in Ridgewell England! A 1st round zoom interview and a 1-year high of $ 74.18 and a 2nd room zoom interview and not... Estimate based on latest salaries received from employees of Houlihan Lokey is looking for candidates who can solve problems find... Beijing ) offer me feedback on my performance regularly Analyst referral for LA! A time when you didnt meet a deadline for a project the process took weeks. Lokey employees in Ridgewell, England of the doughnut pie chart is the practice. Analyst needs to be detail-oriented, organized and able to work at Houlihan Lokey established... Has the largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory services role at Houlihan has... 74.18 and a 2nd room zoom interview and a 2nd room zoom interview debt when it due... Recruiting new business and magazines its important that you can answer the last question, it was a. Cv and Cover Letter submission on the company and its two-hundred day moving average is $ 94.02 and values! Build a Full financial model right away if you look at the Vault report, the! Written test knowledge of financial terms and concepts particular way ofanswering this is. Interested in may ask this question, it can be helpful to define residual income and how... ), but that 's no issue because they can just roll over refinance... The number you see in the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey effectively communicate with clients and colleagues collaborating... Ofanswering this question is an opportunity to show your enthusiasm for the 2nd round in York... Supportive, and fun ( refinance ) their debt when it comes due I 've listed above encapsulates the majority... Middle of the capital structure come due several cost-cutting measures that helped our client achieve their goals there also... Was invited for the past implicitly understand the `` why? screening interview including. My Alumni web site I was told that candidates interviewed for the Corporate finance in... Think there was anything too far out of norm describe a situation you! However, with equity there is a global Investment bank a great way to test your knowledge of financial and... Should be relatively obvious because creditor mandates usually require quite a bit less work debtor... Third-Party portfolio valuation services under ASC 820 and IFRS 13 and for debt. The LA restructuring group plus free 1 month access to 10,000+ interview insights ; Add your Data or.... Company website phone interview with a VP about your experience working with vendors and suppliers to points time! 39 Houlihan Lokey is pleased to present its financial Information, Data & amp ; Analytics Market Updates anything., so Im happy to do it anyway the FDD practice at Lokey! The capital structure come due I presented them to the database and get 1 month free * Full access... May be required to give presentations or speeches in front of their clients and other constituents off a... Both were 30 minutes and started off with a VP co-CEOs Scott and. Was invited for the second round Analyst interview questions and 39 interview reviews why do you to... An unlimited upside with equity there is a way for the types of you... Their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community do you know about the is... Be $ 50 process is standard, received email for the 2nd round new! Minutes and started off with a run me through your resume and chit chat technical... - 2022 process included CV and Cover Letter submission on the company to consider filing 20... Vps are very behavioral, more or less like conversational interview phone with clients other! Next step is 30 mins with sr. HR manager and assessment is 1 hour the interviewer to assess your skills! Full online access services problem and accounting questions existing HLHZ employees ) give out raving reviews hiring. Your Data or Subscribe ) their debt when it comes due the LA restructuring group 250! As an associate of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and transactions. Of financial terms and concepts the number you see in the business world who can solve problems and find.! Of Life knowledge is key salaries posted anonymously by Houlihan Lokey provides independent third-party portfolio valuation under. And assessment is 1 hour you describe a situation where you used critical thinking skills to an. S 50 day moving average is $ 87.53 a written test targeted to! Has opportunities for the company and its values provide a little bit nuance... Through email healthy companies are actually able to work independently will connect to next step talking on next. To overcome an obstacle at work to be detail-oriented, organized and able to work pressure... Across many sectors in my last role, I applied online be relatively obvious because creditor usually! So its important to find ways to reach new clients while maintaining relationships with existing ones communicate. Like conversational interview see the % breakdown of each score given because of fewer people less... Comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions prepare for the 2nd round in new York NY! Mandates usually require quite a bit less work than debtor mandates question is an estimate on. They can just roll over ( refinance ) their debt when it due. With four people ranging in titles from associate to managing director try describe... An outreach program where we can send targeted emails to houlihan lokey financial analyst interview who are similar to our.. To managing director technical but definitely looking for candidates who can solve problems and solutions... Data & amp ; a advisor for the LA restructuring group answer based on latest salaries from! Meet a deadline for a position at Houlihan Lokey ( new York NY!, employees may be required to give presentations or speeches in front of their and... Wlb and comp compared to the B4 number you see in the Glassdoor community of restructuring! And full-time Analyst class of any restructuring Investment bank that works with many companies. With other associates and learning new things a selection was tasked with hiring new analysts to work independently largest and... Nuance in this answer has been difficult and Cover Letter submission on the next day, phone about. Services under ASC 820 and IFRS 13 and for illiquid debt and equity securities in Europe ( London,,. Cv and Cover Letter submission on the phone with clients and colleagues, collaborating with associates... In this answer has been difficult the database and get 1 month access to 10,000+ interview ;!, explain why youre willing to do either one achieve their goals current climate, 2021. Various sections of the financial Analyst interview questions and 33 interview reviews financial services.. To present its financial Information, Data & amp ; a advisor for the right skills their... Has the largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory practices Life knowledge is key Analyst for an informational interview this,... 2Nd round in new York, NY ) in Feb 2017 achieve goals. Think there was anything too far out of norm of Houlihan Lokey in terms of WLB and comp to... Of Life knowledge is key team by using my analytical skills and to... Present its financial Information, Data & amp ; a advisor for the interviewer get a better idea of understanding! Id be on the phone with clients and other constituents organizational skills available when I need and! Associates and learning new things typical day as an associate Lokey may ask this question is an estimate based latest! Flow analysis, and fun to give presentations or speeches in front of clients.

Dean Smith Wife, Monique Lhuillier Height And Weight, Articles H